Freedom of Speech

Parliamentary democratic deficits, lazy representatives, and trade deficits. Discuss all these issues here.
DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

RE: Freedom of Speech

Post by DodgeFB » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:29 am

[quote=Lad]
Here, here. ;) If only us Brits wern't in the EU.
[/quote]

Is there any legal way to withdraw from the EU short of war? :rolleyes:
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:47 am

It's nearly at that point, but not quite. We can leave and if you put to voters not only across the UK, but the whole of the EU and it would cease to exist. However, the only politicians available are against it - well almost all.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Luke
Political Stand:

Post by Luke » Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:34 pm

The EU seems to me to be a modern incarnation of the Holy Roman Empire. ;) A huge political monster that in trying to improve itself manages to damage itself somewhere else.
"I invented the Internet." - Al Gore

isaiah.lucas
Political Stand:

Post by isaiah.lucas » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:31 pm

i think scince in the 2 admendment it says that we have the freedoom of speech that we have the write to voice our opinion we have the right force our party to fuss about political infrences in wich some political partys belive in big goverment some partys belive in small goverment and some people belive that we should get all our power from the goverment.

love isaiah lucas politcal kid debator
democratic

code1
Political Stand:

Post by code1 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:54 pm

you are acting like you took a big load off your shoulders by asking this question,freedom of speech is exactly what it means freedom,we all can say what we want but different people will always see what we said as different,that way causing a lot of problems,that is why what confuseios says makes sense, one who listen knows more one who talks knows less

Dirk
Political Stand:

Post by Dirk » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:04 pm

I was once an EU fan. Not anymore. It's prime aim is to destroy democracy, civil liberties and worker's rights.

But we have a lot to fear from Political Correctness - that is a huge blight on our freedom of speech.
Working Class And F***ing Proud!

A, B, C, D - Eviscerate the bourgeoisie.

Freedom Or Death. One solution:
R-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N!

All Power To The People!

code1
Political Stand:

Post by code1 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:19 pm

eu does not destroy democracy.civil liberties and workers rights,what it does is make political correctness known world wide and makes the people realize that freedom of speech is not in blight,but in harmony with the creation of world wide peace

Dirk
Political Stand:

Post by Dirk » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:56 pm

[quote=code1]
eu does not destroy democracy.civil liberties and workers rights,what it does is make political correctness known world wide and makes the people realize that freedom of speech is not in blight,but in harmony with the creation of world wide peace
[/quote]

That's a nice story. Are you British? Or Irish? (Just wondering if you're in a country within the EU).

The EU is constantly eroding our civil liberties. Statewatch and Liberty have both expressed concern that the EU is gathering a huge variety of powers that threaten civil liberties.

Did you know, for example, that Europol agents are immune to prosecution?

The EU is obsessed with militarisation and if we allow it to gain its own military wing under the Lisbon Treaty, it will fight for the economic interests of its lartgest powers (France, Germany and Britain). It's giving them the means to kill people.

For example, i'm sure you're aware of the plans for the European Quick Reaction Force?

No doubt you are in favour of the euro? Here's a bit of anti-democracy for you. The euro is controlled by the European Central Bank. This is an organisation completely unaccountable to the public and is instead controlled by greedy capitalists, looking to line their own wallets.

The EU Government has lent to Governments, not businesses. That means they must pay back WITH INTEREST, using - you've guessed it - taxpayers' money.

EU directives and European Court of Justice decisions have continuously spat in the face of the worker as they attack trade union powers, the right to strike and workers' pay conditions.

The European commission decides what laws the European Parliament discusses and votes on. The commission is democratically unaccountable. It's also disproportionately influenced by corporate lobby groups.

How would you feel if your parliament/assembly/congress/senate's discussions were censored and decided on by an unaccountable commission?

R-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N!

All Power To The People!

Dirk
Political Stand:

Post by Dirk » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:57 pm

As for political correctness, you see "politeness", i suppose, i see "censorship", "newspeak" and the Government controlling what you say.

R-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N!

All Power To The People!

code1
Political Stand:

Post by code1 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:16 pm

[quote=Dirk]
[quote=code1]
[/quote]

That's a nice story. Are you British? Or Irish? (Just wondering if you're in a country within the EU).

The EU is constantly eroding our civil liberties. Statewatch and Liberty have both expressed concern that the EU is gathering a huge variety of powers that threaten civil liberties.

Did you know, for example, that Europol agents are immune to prosecution?

The EU is obsessed with militarisation and if we allow it to gain its own military wing under the Lisbon Treaty, it will fight for the economic interests of its lartgest powers (France, Germany and Britain). It's giving them the means to kill people.

For example, i'm sure you're aware of the plans for the European Quick Reaction Force?

No doubt you are in favour of the euro? Here's a bit of anti-democracy for you. The euro is controlled by the European Central Bank. This is an organisation completely unaccountable to the public and is instead controlled by greedy capitalists, looking to line their own wallets.

The EU Government has lent to Governments, not businesses. That means they must pay back WITH INTEREST, using - you've guessed it - taxpayers' money.

EU directives and European Court of Justice decisions have continuously spat in the face of the worker as they attack trade union powers, the right to strike and workers' pay conditions.

The European commission decides what laws the European Parliament discusses and votes on. The commission is democratically unaccountable. It's also disproportionately influenced by corporate lobby groups.

How would you feel if your parliament/assembly/congress/senate's discussions were censored and decided on by an unaccountable commission?
[/quote]

eu should be mandated worldwide to ensure freedom and liberty for all,lets surrender terrorism to the brink of no return and let eu continue to marvel in the goodness that it provides