Freedom of Speech

Parliamentary democratic deficits, lazy representatives, and trade deficits. Discuss all these issues here.
Dirk
Political Stand:

RE: Freedom of Speech

Post by Dirk » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:54 pm

[quote=code1]
eu should be mandated worldwide to ensure freedom and liberty for all,lets surrender terrorism to the brink of no return and let eu continue to marvel in the goodness that it provides
[/quote]

Pure rhetoric. The "European Union" and "Freedom/liberty" are mutually exclusive. The Lisbon Treaty would confirm the EU's desired position as a totalitarian capitalist superstate.
Working Class And F***ing Proud!

A, B, C, D - Eviscerate the bourgeoisie.

Freedom Or Death. One solution:
R-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N!

All Power To The People!

code1
Political Stand:

Post by code1 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:19 pm

[quote=Dirk]
[quote=code1]
eu should be mandated worldwide to ensure freedom and liberty for all,lets surrender terrorism to the brink of no return and let eu continue to marvel in the goodness that it provides
[/quote]

Pure rhetoric. The "European Union" and "Freedom/liberty" are mutually exclusive. The Lisbon Treaty would confirm the EU's desired position as a totalitarian capitalist superstate.
[/quote]i have studied the lisbon treaty and find nothing that confirms your findings,actually upon further review the lisbon treaty is in great admiration of the eu stance

Dirk
Political Stand:

Post by Dirk » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:38 pm

[quote=code1]
i have studied the lisbon treaty and find nothing that confirms your findings,actually upon further review the lisbon treaty is in great admiration of the eu stance
[/quote]

It makes the EU a state in its own right.

It allows the EU to award itself more powers without consulting with the people or constituent governments.

It's just another step (and a bloody considerable one at that) on the road to fashioning itself an undemocratic neo-liberal superstate.
Working Class And F***ing Proud!

A, B, C, D - Eviscerate the bourgeoisie.

Freedom Or Death. One solution:
R-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N!

All Power To The People!

rhadden
Political Stand:

Post by rhadden » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:44 am

[quote=DodgeFB]
Reasonable freedom of speech is very important to me. I do think the term is overused these days. People are using it to say and do offensive things. They seem to feel that "freedom of speech" gives them the right to humiliate, insult, and abuse others. Those people really seem to me to have a nasty agenda. I feel they are the ones who truly endanger "real" freedom of speech.
[/quote]

rhadden
Political Stand:

Post by rhadden » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:47 am

and they have the right to be nasty and rude so long as they dont threaten or insite riot but you have the right not to listen as i like to say just turn them off and remember keep your mouth shut and be thought of as a fool or open your mouth and remove all doubt.

code1
Political Stand:

Post by code1 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:34 pm

who has the right to be nasty and rude,what are you trying to say,if freedom of speech is used with honesty and dignity,people will understand more and would respond in more civilized ways,which in turn will create a true freedom that can be expressed with speech :fi_lone_ranger:

sleevefreezer
Political Stand:

Post by sleevefreezer » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:54 pm

just as an aside my favourite oxymoron would have to be millitary inteligence as for freedom of speech I believe it was a catch fraze invented to put forward an ideal , that ideal now being far outdated and unrealistic , as a society we need rules and order , for those rules to be effective we give away certain percieved freedoms , not being able to speak your true mind is but one of them , every race , culture and sex has some sort of limitation , what has never been clear is how much is enough .

kimsmarkin
Political Stand:

Post by kimsmarkin » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:53 am

How important is freedom of speech for you? It would be unlimited so you can say anything if you limit, or should it be curbed?
Last edited by kimsmarkin on Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself

signelect
Political Stand:

Post by signelect » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:27 pm

Freedom of Speech is something many take for granted and or use it to do bad things. so i believe it should be a regulated freedom of speech, in order for people to realize that they can not use it as an excuse for their bad actions.

umbringer
Political Stand:

Post by umbringer » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:59 am

Ok guys I am really upset with what I've seen. Not one voice for pure freedom of speech.... The whole point of freedom of speech is to be able to say whatever political point of view without legal action taken against you for your point of view. By saying it is restricted at all especially in public grounds (Government owned property) that opens the door to saying well then why not ramp it up? A guy's video may have started the attack on the embassy, should he be arrested? Well he was for violation of his probation which said no internet access I believe so yes but not for the video. The main point though is that all speech is political in one sense or another and that form has been unrestricted (i.e. political candidates can blatantly lie about opponents.) I believe like I said above that there should be no restrictions on freedom of speech. Whether people misuse it or not. Misuse is subjective. Freedom of Speech is not. I know things are offensive but even offensive is subjective, if we start saying certain expression does not fall under freedom of speech than we run the risk of being persecuted by our own initial idea. And anything anyone says is offensive to someone. Where do we cross the line? I know that I get offended by a lot of things say. I don't like being told to lower my head in respect of god. That may shock some of you but any religion offends me when others assert it on me. And I know they don't know and I certainly didn't tell them so I can't fault them for it but when one says that morals come from god or why I should do something because that is what god expects. Now I did not want to offend anyone with that but it is how I feel. I do not "misuse" my point of view or how I state it or so I believe, certainly not in person at the moment because I don't make my opinion noted unless you specifically ask. But the whole idea of even the most vile nazi speech or swear words on a shirt just don't seem like that is worth censoring. Please tell me there is at least one out there that is for pure free speech. If you like those that have some tact then you will gravitate towards them and not to those that are not. Does not mean you should shut up those that disagree with you by use of force(i.e. the police with guns). Alright flame me.