Should homosexuals have equal rights?

Parliamentary democratic deficits, lazy representatives, and trade deficits. Discuss all these issues here.

Moderators: Lass, Lad

Poll ended at Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:56 pm

Total votes: 0

appleton
Technical Administrator
Political Stand: Liberal

Post by appleton » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:55 pm

Well, I think they are entitled to it. They aren't harming anyone else in doing so. (Though the thought of homosexuality repulses me).

Not sure whole homosexual marriage thing though..

(This is intentionally short because I want to see what others think :) )

Edit and please don't try to bring religious beliefs into this thread. I am asking on what you personally feel.
Last edited by appleton on Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist. Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back" - John Maynard Keynes

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

RE: Should homosexuals have equal rights?

Post by Romulus111VADT » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:00 pm

To say I despise and completely loath homosexuals is the nicest way I can express my feelings. I have absolutely no use for them and feel they are a total waste of humanity.

If I were to express my true feelings about the subject...the ACLU would have a complete meltdown and I'd be banned from this forum for sure.

Not to mention my post would be deleted, so why bother...lol
Last edited by Romulus111VADT on Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:06 pm

A thread was locked a wee while ago on this. I think for good reason. Matt thinks otherwise now! lol :biggrin:
I cannot comment on the subject. My beliefs are motivated by my religious feelings and probably most people against it will cite the same. Seeing such feelings must not be discussed I must keep my mouth shut.

All I can say is I think they should not, but I can't say why. ;)
Last edited by Lad on Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by Romulus111VADT » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:21 pm

[quote=Lad]
A thread was locked a wee while ago on this. I think for good reason. Matt thinks otherwise now! lol :biggrin:
I cannot comment on the subject. My beliefs are motivated by my religious feelings and probably most people against it will cite the same. Seeing such feelings must not be discussed I must keep my mouth shut.

All I can say is I think they should not, but I can't say why. ;)
[/quote]

I agree, thats why I limited my comments as best I could and still show my total revulsion for this subhuman species.

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:40 pm

They should never have the right to do what they do in front of me! I have been out in public and they would be going at each other like they wanted someone to say something. Made me feel like their message was "take this homophobes!" :evilgrin0012:
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by Romulus111VADT » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:53 pm

[quote=DodgeFB]
They should never have the right to do what they do in front of me! I have been out in public and they would be going at each other like they wanted someone to say something. Made me feel like their message was "take this homophobes!" :evilgrin0012:
[/quote]

I agree with that. I use to have two that lived next door to me and they would do the most disgusting things in broad daylight w/o any fear of anyone saying anything or they would have you arrested for discrimination.

Then we hear that these creatures in our community tried to get laws passed so any man, women or boy, girl that were seen in public holding hands or kissing would be arrested for public indecency. It narrowly was defeated and it was their own perverse nature that killed it for them, Why, because the law was suppose to exclude gay and lesbians.

I'm gonna stop before I start swearing....GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lass
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lass » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:14 pm

OK, I make #4 on the "No" answer in the poll ... *shuts mouth* ...
Above all, I would teach him to tell the truth ... Truth-telling, I have found, is the key to responsible citizenship. The thousands of criminals I have seen in 40 years of law enforcement have had one thing in common: Every single one was a liar. [JE Hoover]

jafar00
Political Stand:

Post by jafar00 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:13 pm

To each their own way. That's about as close to my religiously swayed point of view as I dare to go ;)
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Luke
Political Stand:

Post by Luke » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:38 am

From an earlier thread - I received this in an American Family Association email alert about a month before the elections.

November 28, 2006

Ford 'Proves' Commitment To Homosexual Agenda

In March, AFA called for a boycott of Ford Motor Company because of their support for the homosexual agenda and homosexual marriage. We asked Ford to remain neutral in the culture war over homosexual marriage, as Wal-Mart has decided to do. Ford refused and elected to throw their company resources behind the promotion of homosexual marriage.

Prior to the recent elections, Ford Motor Company sent an e-mail to their salaried employees pointing them to one of the most liberal, anti-family Web sites on the Internet. Ford urged their employees to go to Ballot.org for information on how to vote on issues including homosexual marriage. (Go to 4th paragraph where it says "check out the 2006 BISC Picks [our yes and no votes]." The Ford-recommended Web site urged voters to vote against constitutional amendments which defined marriage as being between one man and one woman in Arizona, Colorado, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.

Of the hundreds of voters guides Ford could have endorsed, Ford chose Ballot.org. Ford's endorsement of this site clearly indicates that Ford favored the positions promoted on Ballot.org. The Web site accused those who favored the marriage amendments of "extreme bigotry" and said the amendments were an "attack on marriage equality, civil unions and all domestic partnerships." This is the Web site Ford sent its employees to for information on how to vote.

Your efforts helped convince Wal-Mart to remain neutral in the homosexual marriage battle. AFA is asking that you do the same with Ford.

Take Action
1. Sign the Boycott pledge at http://www.boycottford.com letting Ford Motor Company know you are joining the Ford boycott.

2. Very Important! Forward this e-mail to Ford, Mercury, Lincoln, Mazda, Volvo, Jaguar, and/or Land Rover dealers in your area. (All these are owned by Ford Motor Company.) Find their e-mail address at http://www.boycottford.com. Ask the dealer to forward this e-mail to Ford CEO Mulally.

3. Forward this e-mail to all your family and friends who may not be aware of Ford's promotion of homosexual marriage.
I'm personally very very disappointed in Ford for doing this. The battle over homosexuality is a personal one and corporations have no right to attempt to tell their employees how to vote and make decisions in any political issue. Ford should hear repercussions from this action from the public! Wal-Mart was attempting to fund homosexual campaigns several months ago and were only stopped by thousands of complaints and several boycotts.

Where do I stand on the issue of homosex? Well, I'm another one whose opinion is based on his religious standing, but I don't think that homosexuals should be spurned from society. Should they be denied certain rights? Absolutely, such as receiving tax exemptions for marriage, their marriage officially recognized, and other things. I hope very much that Bush can somehow manage to get the Constitution ammended to define marriage as between a man and a woman, though with the liberally stacked Congress that seems impossible.
"I invented the Internet." - Al Gore

Dom
Political Stand:

Post by Dom » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:45 pm

Personally, I think what people do in the privacy of their own homes is entirely up to them. But if it affects other people (as with everything, I suppose) then that's when the line should be drawn. I've nothing against homosexual people, but there are just some things that I think homosexual couples shouldn't do that heterosexual couples can. The main thing being adopting children.

The way things stand at the moment, if a child is adopted by a homosexual couple, throughout their entire childhood they'll be subjected to endless ridicule, which, although nearly everyone faces at some point in their childhood, I think can (and should) be pretty much avoided. When it comes to things like public displays of affection, I don't have a problem with it, even though I'd rather not witness it myself. But that's just a problem with me, not them. However, adopting children then affects that child's life (for the worst in a lot of cases) and so for the sake of the child, they should not be adopted by a homosexual couple. Not because I don't think homosexual couples would make good parents, but because of the effects on the child emotionally.

I also don't believe that homosexual couples should marry. Marriage is traditionally a religious ceremony, and although I'm not religious in any way, I can see why the Church would oppose gay marriages if their religion says that it is wrong. I don't believe the Church should be forced by law to accept and allow gay marriages.

PS. Lesbians are awesome.
Last edited by Dom on Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.