Should homosexuals have equal rights?

Parliamentary democratic deficits, lazy representatives, and trade deficits. Discuss all these issues here.

Should homosexuals have equal rights?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:56 pm

Total votes: 0

Dirk
Political Stand:

RE: Should homosexuals have equal rights?

Post by Dirk » Wed May 13, 2009 12:41 pm

Seeing as you fascist nazi dogs are completely ignoring Comrade Anti, i shall have to highlight your bigoted comments myself.
I agree, thats why I limited my comments as best I could and still show my total revulsion for this subhuman species.
Well, why not include Jews in that? Any other group of HUMAN BEINGS you'd like to oppress?
Luke wrote: Should they be denied certain rights? Absolutely, such as receiving tax exemptions for marriage, their marriage officially recognized, and other things.
Why when mixed gender couples get these things, should same gender couples not? Either they both get these or both don't get these.
Niall_İsxaqov wrote: Hmm.. very controversial topic... Homosexuality should be made illegal. It is the root cause of the AIDS epidemic and moral corruption of the population. Homosexuals should be offered psychiatric consultation.
You're obviously just short of completely ignorant of the entire medical concept of the Immuno Deficiency Syndrome. It made a species jump from a form of monkey through infected blood. THAT is the root cause. It is an issue in both same-sex and mixed-sex relations. It spread more quickly through same-sex relations because a condom is worn less often due to the lack of need of concern over birth control.

The only thing that is morally corrupt is to instruct gay and bi people in repressing their natural feelings. This clearly proves that you are authoritarian and you seek to control what people do in the bedroom.
philbell wrote: You cannot, however hard you try, ever pass something off as natural, something that is not.
Same-sex relations are completely natural. Not only humans, but most animals have engaged in same-sex relations since their evolution from a species that engaged in these same relations. It is a genetic allele (double recessive homozygous). It is a natural population limiter.

You are using these ignorant/misinformed/ridiculous ideas as a means to oppress/subjugate/eviscerate your fellow human beings and i am disgusted by the fact that you are so nye Kulturny.
Working Class And F***ing Proud!

A, B, C, D - Eviscerate the bourgeoisie.

Freedom Or Death. One solution:
R-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N!

All Power To The People!

mongoman
Political Stand:

Post by mongoman » Wed May 13, 2009 12:51 pm

Just to enhance what Dirk said, Bonobos (our closest genetic relatives), commonly engage in homosexual activities, both for pleasure, and for greetings.

Dirk
Political Stand:

Post by Dirk » Wed May 13, 2009 6:10 pm

[quote=mongoman]
Just to enhance what Dirk said, Bonobos (our closest genetic relatives), commonly engage in homosexual activities, both for pleasure, and for greetings.
[/quote]

Thank you.

[quote=Anti]
YOU PEOPLE ABSOLUTELY DISGUST ME!!!! why do you people care soo much, they are human just like you and should have all the same equal rights. This is exactly why we cant all live in peace together. This is just a few things people said : "I personally believe homosexuality is a kind of mental disease."
"Being gay/lesbian isn't a natural thing so they should have limited rights. Marriage is a religious ceremony."
"The government should create laws that says homosexuals should not be allowed to show PDA (Personal Display of Affection) towards each other in public."
"I have absolutely no use for them and feel they are a total waste of humanity."
"They should never have the right to do what they do in front of me!"
[/quote]

Look what you miserable excuses for human beings ignored. Is this your response to everyone who tries to show the ridiculous and inhumane nature of your arguments? Ignore them? How can you advocate degrading your fellow human beings like this? Have you actually read the things you wrote and that my comrade then reiterated? It is literally advocating fascist and oppressive policies toward gay people. Most of you are American, right? Land of the free, my arse! Not if you lot were in charge. Anyway, what are you going to do with me? Oppress half of me?

R-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N!

All Power To The People!

Dirk
Political Stand:

Post by Dirk » Wed May 13, 2009 6:27 pm

[quote=DodgeFB]
They should never have the right to do what they do in front of me! I have been out in public and they would be going at each other like they wanted someone to say something. Made me feel like their message was "take this homophobes!"
[/quote]

Okay then, same-sex couples are banned from public displays of affection. Oh, i'm also banning mixed-sex displays of affection. After all, it might offend them to see a guy and a girl kissing.

[quote=Dom]
I've nothing against homosexual people, but there are just some things that I think homosexual couples shouldn't do that heterosexual couples can. The main thing being adopting children.
[/quote]

Congratulations. You have not only managed to make some poor blighter miserable on reading this discriminatory post, not to speak of annoying the hell out of the kulturny people on this forum, but you've also deprived an orphan child of having a home. He now has a higher chance of committing suicide in later life, along with irreversible psychological issues due to not having any parents.

[quote=matt]
Being gay/lesbian isn't a natural thing so they should have limited rights.
[/quote]

First of all, as i have now stated in one of my previous posts, it is.

By that logic, however, we're now banning all forms of transport, including planes, boats, cars, buses, trains and even bicycles. Also, plastic is now banned - including that of your computer - as is glass.

R-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N!

All Power To The People!

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Wed May 13, 2009 7:22 pm

"Okay then, same-sex couples are banned from public displays of affection. Oh, i'm also banning mixed-sex displays of affection. After all, it might offend them to see a guy and a girl kissing."

As a matter of fact it does. :biggrin:
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

philbell
Political Stand:

Post by philbell » Wed May 13, 2009 10:43 pm

The immigrant card is totally different. Yes they had a hard time but it was the choice of the parents to come and live here and either had kids or brought them along. It was their choice to do the best they could for their families, coming to Britain and having a hard time in that respect or maybe living in India or wherever in abject poverty. Different people have different reasons.

The point I was getting at was that from woking in a school I see 1st hand every day how cruel kids can be to one another and how it affects the bullied. The town I live in has very few asian or african/african americans yet in my school there are 2 'coloured' kids and they have no more problems than anyone else. No bullying etc. We cater for special needs also so there are many children with various disabilities and they are treated no different. The sad fact is that if a child had a gay couple as parents it would be taunted and ridiculed and an outcast. The powers that be have a duty of care to that child to give it the best possible start in life and to place them with parents in a same sex relationship would not work in most places. They are always going to be few and far between, there is a limited amount of children up for adoption, so even if in say Brighton or somewhere with a large gay community there will only be ever a couple of kids in that situation in one school. If everybody in the whole bloody town was gay then there are going to be no kids up for adoption at all!!

I will concede that it could be better for a child to be brought up in a loving family enviroment rather than a care home, but not if it isgoing to ruin their childhood. You have to face the fact that kids want to be accepted by their peers, that means acting the norm even if they feel they are gay themselves. I know 2500 of them and although you can tell which way they bat, none will out until they leave school.

mongoman
Political Stand:

Post by mongoman » Wed May 13, 2009 11:00 pm

That's the thing though... the reason why there isn't as much prejudice and discrimination towards people of different ethnicity these days (and I disagree on what you said altogether, because there's a lot of racism at my school), is because of the fact that it's been accepted in society these days. This should be the way things should run with homosexuals and adoption.

Dirk
Political Stand:

Post by Dirk » Thu May 14, 2009 11:49 am

[quote=philbell]
The immigrant card is totally different. Yes they had a hard time but it was the choice of the parents to come and live here and either had kids or brought them along. It was their choice to do the best they could for their families, coming to Britain and having a hard time in that respect or maybe living in India or wherever in abject poverty. Different people have different reasons.

The point I was getting at was that from woking in a school I see 1st hand every day how cruel kids can be to one another and how it affects the bullied. The town I live in has very few asian or african/african americans yet in my school there are 2 'coloured' kids and they have no more problems than anyone else. No bullying etc. We cater for special needs also so there are many children with various disabilities and they are treated no different. The sad fact is that if a child had a gay couple as parents it would be taunted and ridiculed and an outcast. The powers that be have a duty of care to that child to give it the best possible start in life and to place them with parents in a same sex relationship would not work in most places. They are always going to be few and far between, there is a limited amount of children up for adoption, so even if in say Brighton or somewhere with a large gay community there will only be ever a couple of kids in that situation in one school. If everybody in the whole bloody town was gay then there are going to be no kids up for adoption at all!!

I will concede that it could be better for a child to be brought up in a loving family enviroment rather than a care home, but not if it isgoing to ruin their childhood. You have to face the fact that kids want to be accepted by their peers, that means acting the norm even if they feel they are gay themselves. I know 2500 of them and although you can tell which way they bat, none will out until they leave school.
[/quote]

That's the thing. You see, when being gay is accepted fully by society, young people are going to have to accept it. And they will - it's not going to be any different than if they were hispanic/asian/black. There are probably more gay people than you think, anyway. But the only way coloured people are being accepted into society (i question whether they have been fully so, yet) is because they are right there, among us. If a child grew up with a same-sex couple, they would learn to accept it. And it wouldn't be as if they didn't have any friends. Also, if schools started finally admitting that guys who like guys and girls who like girls are not truly any different (except for what they like in the bedroom) then we'd have a much more accepting society.

Don't think i'm speaking from the outside, by the by. I was bullied in school for being German and it wasn't much fun. But i can't help being German, as i can't help that i like men. Pretending they don't exist and not educating people will mean that the ignorance is heightened and the problem won't solve itself. Children need a family. What gender the parents in that family are is of no consequence.

For the record, there has never been a town or city that is made up of "only" gay people, or even predominately gay people. How could there be? It would create a huge drop in the population as the generation changes. And it would be impossible to sustain (without cloning/sperm-egg donation system). What a ridiculous notion - why bring it up?

When i was younger, i went to school in England and i had a friend called Elton, lovely person, quite fancied him, to be honest. But he was black. I didn't care. Nobody else did, either. He was there and when people are faced with something directly, they learn about it.

Oh, and just for the primary cause of belying your statement, i came out as bi when i was in school.

R-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N!

All Power To The People!

bradleyjohnsonjr.us
Political Stand:

Post by bradleyjohnsonjr.us » Fri May 15, 2009 2:59 pm

[quote=Dom]
Personally, I think what people do in the privacy of their own homes is entirely up to them. But if it affects other people (as with everything, I suppose) then that's when the line should be drawn. I've nothing against homosexual people, but there are just some things that I think homosexual couples shouldn't do that heterosexual couples can. The main thing being adopting children.

The way things stand at the moment, if a child is adopted by a homosexual couple, throughout their entire childhood they'll be subjected to endless ridicule, which, although nearly everyone faces at some point in their childhood, I think can (and should) be pretty much avoided. When it comes to things like public displays of affection, I don't have a problem with it, even though I'd rather not witness it myself. But that's just a problem with me, not them. However, adopting children then affects that child's life (for the worst in a lot of cases) and so for the sake of the child, they should not be adopted by a homosexual couple. Not because I don't think homosexual couples would make good parents, but because of the effects on the child emotionally.

I also don't believe that homosexual couples should marry. Marriage is traditionally a religious ceremony, and although I'm not religious in any way, I can see why the Church would oppose gay marriages if their religion says that it is wrong. I don't believe the Church should be forced by law to accept and allow gay marriages.

PS. Lesbians are awesome.
[/quote]

Well in a sense and first of all Whats the freakin difference in a father raising a child wheater he is adopted or his own or 2 gay guys raising a kid, yes u might see some imbalance there but theres no difference in the lesbians its the same concept or emotions there plus gay guys can have the same to a point as women esp the ones that are femboyant and personally I wouldnt want a kid with my partner as it in a way not only wrong in my mind but just if i wanted to have a kid ill go back straight so thats my point on that end, or ill go bi but in a sence gay guys i see where u are coming from but at the same time whos not to judge for the lesbians also, as i commented earlier yes i am gay, so and not only that but a percentage of gay guys are somewhat born gay or somewhat in them, if you dont believe that then explain why some guys cant keep it hard around chicks but can around guys and this has nothing to do with mulestation nor rape you tell me that.

Dirk
Political Stand:

Post by Dirk » Fri May 15, 2009 5:58 pm

[quote=bradleyjohnsonjr.us]
Well in a sense and first of all Whats the freakin difference in a father raising a child wheater he is adopted or his own or 2 gay guys raising a kid, yes u might see some imbalance there but theres no difference in the lesbians its the same concept or emotions there plus gay guys can have the same to a point as women esp the ones that are femboyant and personally I wouldnt want a kid with my partner as it in a way not only wrong in my mind but just if i wanted to have a kid ill go back straight so thats my point on that end, or ill go bi but in a sence gay guys i see where u are coming from but at the same time whos not to judge for the lesbians also, as i commented earlier yes i am gay, so and not only that but a percentage of gay guys are somewhat born gay or somewhat in them, if you dont believe that then explain why some guys cant keep it hard around chicks but can around guys and this has nothing to do with mulestation nor rape you tell me that.
[/quote]

Well said, comrade. It's time we saw some of this mythical freedom Americans always preach.

R-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N!

All Power To The People!