Should Minorities

Parliamentary democratic deficits, lazy representatives, and trade deficits. Discuss all these issues here.

Moderators: Lass, Lad

carita
Political Stand:

Should Minorities

Post by carita »

Have the right to use their own language when they get in contact with the government? Or should they adapt to the 'majority'

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

RE: Should Minorities

Post by DodgeFB »

[quote=carita]
Have the right to use their own language when they get in contact with the government? Or should they adapt to the 'majority'
[/quote]

I think any government should have all records in one language to avoid confusion. They can't have someone translate every language that may be needed for every job they have. Governments seem to have enough trouble getting things straight in one language. Or maybe that has just been my experience. :?:lol:
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

appleton
Technical Administrator
Political Stand: Liberal

Post by appleton »

[quote=DodgeFB]
[quote=carita]
[/quote]

I think any government should have all records in one language to avoid confusion. They can't have someone translate every language that may be needed for every job they have. Governments seem to have enough trouble getting things straight in one language. Or maybe that has just been my experience. :?:lol:
[/quote]

I second that, I also feel there would be too much confusion and/or misinterpretation of the laws. If someone sends a document in a foreign language the government should get it translated and notify the person that documents in foreign languages in future will not be counted.

IMO

Matt
"Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist. Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back" - John Maynard Keynes

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad »

I agree. If you come to a country, you come to that society. It is practically impossible to get employed or be of a scrap of use to that society unless you can communicate with those that dwell within it.

One nation, one people and one language.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.