Should the lazy be made to work?

Parliamentary democratic deficits, lazy representatives, and trade deficits. Discuss all these issues here.
Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Should the lazy be made to work?

Post by Lad » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:59 pm

And if they refuse have their benefits slashed.
Nope, I don't mean those genuinely in need. I'd bend over backwards to help them out and I'm more than happy for my taxes to be spent on them.

Some people argue that to enforce such a scheme isn't viable. That isn't the point IMO. Even if it cost MORE than it was worth I would still agree with it. If people want a living they earn it. Whether that is sorting out rubbish for recycling or breaking stones to help build railway tracks and those with minor problems perhaps should be given typing jobs or something like that. Perhaps not quite what David had in mind, but I totally agree with his principle.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7176032.stm
Last edited by Lad on Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

anildewani
Political Stand:

RE: Should the lazy be made to work?

Post by anildewani » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:50 pm

I think making lazy work would be an good idea. But making work forcely wont make any difference, as they wont work with enthusiasm. The only way lazy ppl can come on work, as by motivating them and making them enthusiastic about the work. IF one is succesfull in doing that. It may result into an great change in longterm basis !

ford007
Political Stand:

Post by ford007 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:46 pm

Definitely yes. Cut down the unemployment benefits. If you are not ready to work, then don't expect the hard working public to feed you.
Enough of (ZA)Nu Labor. BNP is the only real alternative.

Niall_İsxaqov
Political Stand:

Post by Niall_İsxaqov » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:30 pm

Off course. Hard working people should not me made to pay for sponsoring those lazy people playing computer games at their homes. Well.. if they are really handicapped or something like that it is OK.. else it is a big NO.
Holy Russia will save the world

blackwolf
Political Stand:

Post by blackwolf » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:31 pm

Lazy is a broad sweep. We have to be careful not to assume a person is lazy because they're out of work. You should try and fine-tune your statement.

Anti
Political Stand:

Post by Anti » Fri May 01, 2009 6:34 pm

I think people should never have to work.Instead of a propertarian profit system the econommy should be based on your ability or need and your production on the basis of use, not profit! Then you get rid of Markets n Money b/c everyone would be supplied with their needs, you would call this a gift economy.

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Fri May 01, 2009 10:40 pm

[quote=Anti]
I think people should never have to work.Instead of a propertarian profit system the econommy should be based on your ability or need and your production on the basis of use, not profit! Then you get rid of Markets n Money b/c everyone would be supplied with their needs, you would call this a gift economy.
[/quote]

I would call it a too damn lazy to work economy. And since no one would be doing anything there would be nothing for anyone to give you or anyone to give it to you.
That pot will make ya lazy for sure. :rolleyes:
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

Anti
Political Stand:

Post by Anti » Sat May 02, 2009 9:41 pm

[quote=DodgeFB]
[quote=Anti]
[/quote]

I would call it a too damn lazy to work economy. And since no one would be doing anything there would be nothing for anyone to give you or anyone to give it to you.
[/quote]

im sorry dude but you are completly wrong. what would make it a lazy economy?? there is a difference between productive labor and work. Dont slave yourself to ur job that you dont care about and have no interest in doing just to make some money! its wrong,work should be abolished!
Smoking weed for me does not make me lazy, it actually motivates me.i dont even want to go into all the reasons why Pot is sooooo great but i will leave with this.. we woud live in way better world if work was abolished and pot was grow everywhere.
Last edited by Anti on Sat May 02, 2009 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Sat May 02, 2009 9:55 pm

[quote=Anti]
[quote=DodgeFB]
[quote=Anti]
[/quote]

[/quote]

im sorry dude but you are completly wrong. what would make it a lazy economy?? laving yourself to job
[/quote]

I have seen this same BS for over 50 years. Hell I was a teen in the 60s. Saw it tried. It never worked. But you go ahead and try it. Cold and hunger will show you the truth. :tongue: :biggrin:
No one works=no economy! You sure are nieve "dude"!
Last edited by DodgeFB on Sat May 02, 2009 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

Anti
Political Stand:

Post by Anti » Mon May 04, 2009 5:32 am

[quote=DodgeFB]
[quote=Anti]
[quote=DodgeFB]
[quote=Anti]
[/quote]

[/quote]

im sorry dude but you are completly wrong. what would make it a lazy economy?? laving yourself to job
[/quote]

I have seen this same BS for over 50 years. Hell I was a teen in the 60s. Saw it tried. It never worked. But you go ahead and try it. Cold and hunger will show you the truth. :tongue: :biggrin:
No one works=no economy! You sure are nieve "dude"!
[/quote]

i dont think u understand what im saying. Instead of working for profit and just making the rich even richier, work based on need. then everybody will get what they need through distribution centers. And by the way being cold and hungry would come from capitialism not a society ran by the people. You call me nieve but ur the one who is brainwashed!