Smoking in public places

Parliamentary democratic deficits, lazy representatives, and trade deficits. Discuss all these issues here.
rhadden
Political Stand:

RE: Smoking in public places

Post by rhadden » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:41 am

recently i quit smoking however when i did smoke i did my best to be polite i never lit up at a resturant or in a bathroom and i only smoked on the porch of the house so let there be a ban on smoking if everyone quits our lungs will love us more

Renzence
Political Stand:

Post by Renzence » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:27 am

I agree it civil rights, but sometimes you will need to adjust some situation. If you think that this is a good place to smoke, why not. However, it depends on the people.

powelstag
Political Stand:

Post by powelstag » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:59 am

Hey
Smoking is a right, yes I agree.. but I feel it's more of a right not to be forced to breathe in others second-hand smoke. It's just nasty full stop. If people want to enjoy a smoke, I'm very happy for them to do it in the privacy of their own homes.

christainpaul
Political Stand:

Post by christainpaul » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:09 am

Smoking will be prohibited at all places to which the public has access, including auditoriums, health nstitutions,government buildings, restaurants, courts, public conveyances, public transport, stadiums, railway stations, bus stops, workplaces, shopping malls, refreshment rooms, discotheques, pubs and airport lounges. The ban will not cover open spaces.Union Health Minister Anbumani Ramadoss has welcomed the Supreme Court order declining to stay the Centres notification prohibiting smoking. He described the ban as a major step towards providing a smoke-free atmosphere and protecting non-smokers from passive smoking.He said he had personally written to Governors, Chief Ministers, Health Ministers and Members of Parliament to ensure effective implementation of the ban.

electionsign
Political Stand:

Post by electionsign » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:43 pm

Second-hand smoke can actually give you cancer first than the person that's smoking.

umbringer
Political Stand:

Post by umbringer » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:47 am

^ Reference please

And again maybe 1 other out there with me on this one. You guys said differing opinions get lively chats so here we go. I want to talk about businesses and privately owned places, not just homes. If you own a business you should be allowed to dictate if you allow smoking or not. No law should take that away from you as they have now almost everywhere. I personally do not smoke don't like it but that does not mean I have the authority to tell a business that they cannot have people smoke on or in their property. I also do not have the right to say I can smoke on your property if you do not permit it. Public lands (Government owned) certainly have a right to put in a ban but we were (suppose to still be) a Constitutional Republic not a Democracy in the US and I feel we are a full Democracy now. Majority rule, minority compliance, and we are all the minority on one issue or another.