Tax holiday

Parliamentary democratic deficits, lazy representatives, and trade deficits. Discuss all these issues here.
politics4u
Political Stand:

Tax holiday

Post by politics4u » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:48 pm

So, I came across this piece, about a proposal by Texas Congressmen Louie Gohmert for a tax holiday. Here is the press release from Gohmert.

This sounds like a decent idea to me. I would rather we didn't have to pump $800 billion into the economy at all, but this seems better than the alternative.

ford007
Political Stand:

RE: Tax holiday

Post by ford007 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:27 pm

[quote=politics4u]
So, I came across this piece, about a proposal by Texas Congressmen Louie Gohmert for a tax holiday. Here is the press release from Gohmert.

This sounds like a decent idea to me. I would rather we didn't have to pump $800 billion into the economy at all, but this seems better than the alternative.
[/quote]

$800 b is already pumped in to the fat pockets of Wall Street CEOs.. and Hussein is planning to pump even more... Do you mind giving him a helping hand?
Enough of (ZA)Nu Labor. BNP is the only real alternative.

code1
Political Stand:

Post by code1 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:44 pm

this proposal is outrageous and the party should demand his resignation,who is this congressman trying to kid,i hope the people who elected him are having an emergency meeting and are going to oust this individual who is trying to take again millions of dollars from the people again
Last edited by code1 on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sleevefreezer
Political Stand:

Post by sleevefreezer » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:22 am

It is actually a pet peeve of mine how excited some people get about the tax holiday. Would you be impressed by a store having an 8% off sale? You would laugh at them!

I know some discount is better than none, and there are some deals to be had, but most stores seem to have better sales the weekend before or after..