Landmark case for liberty

A forum for discussion about political events or events which caused major future political events.
Dirk
Political Stand:

RE: Landmark case for liberty

Post by Dirk » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:39 pm

I think that the DNA database is a terrible idea. People should not have their private details put on file - certainly we should ban this for non-criminals. You say, if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear. Except, why does the Government want our details? I'm not prepared to put my blind trust in any Government. And even if you are, i can't guarantee the Government is the only viewer. In the UK, the authorities have lost things like this twice. If i don't put my trust in the Government, i'm hardly going to put my trust in the train conductor... Besides, do you know how much it costs to maintain these databases? Hmm, what would you need? Let's see: bio-metric face match, optic scan, fingerprints of all ten fingers... Any idea what the equipment will cost? There are so many people being born each day and you propose to keep a track of them all? Finally, in the case of ex-convicts, all they want to do - provided they are cured - is make a fresh start in life. Their files go riiiight the way from the Government offices to the company. How many company heads do you think want to hire an ex-con? He or she is cast from society and left to rot in the streets. Along with the others that people detest and reject - like poor people. How soon is he going to re-offend? He had a bed and meals in prison - hell, some even have TVs. Or he might even only steal to feed him/herself. Is that a crime? You bet it is! Back he/she goes, goodbye fresh start!
Working Class And F***ing Proud!

A, B, C, D - Eviscerate the bourgeoisie.

Freedom Or Death. One solution:
R-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N!

All Power To The People!

cavinsmither
Political Stand:

Post by cavinsmither » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:57 am

The Supreme Court just announced that it will decide a landmark lawsuit concerning the constitutionality of the District of Columbia’s ban on guns. This is terrific news. My colleague, Bob Levy, senior fellow in constitutional studies here at Cato, is the prime mover behind the lawsuit. The whole idea of challenging the DC ban several years ago was to get a good Second Amendment case to the Supreme Court.

kowalskil
Political Stand:

Post by kowalskil » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:57 am

Romulus111VADT wrote:
Dom wrote: Everyone's DNA should be kept if you ask me. Unless you've got something to hide, why would you care?
Ok, let's just say in the future all your financial dealings are done using DNA technologies. Say your credit information is coded for security purposes with your DNA profile. This DNA Data base is hacked or the information turns up missing. Then what? Can you imagine the repercussions if the most secure form of identity was stolen? You could easily go from being as rich as Bill Gates to a homeless shelter with no way to securely use your assets.
Yes, indeed.
Romulus111VADT wrote:
Dom wrote: Everyone's DNA should be kept if you ask me. Unless you've got something to hide, why would you care?
Ok, let's just say in the future all your financial dealings are done using DNA technologies. Say your credit information is coded for security purposes with your DNA profile. This DNA Data base is hacked or the information turns up missing. Then what? Can you imagine the repercussions if the most secure form of identity was stolen? You could easily go from being as rich as Bill Gates to a homeless shelter with no way to securely use your assets.
Yes, indeed.
Last edited by kowalskil on Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

sadar5555
Political Stand:

Post by sadar5555 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:37 pm

I couldn't understand your post properly.. what does it mean?

1988sonya
Political Stand:

Post by 1988sonya » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:15 am

Eeeeeee right decision for the crucial case. I will try to understand it about of this case.

shweta.tiwari
Political Stand:

Post by shweta.tiwari » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:41 am

I want to know more about of your topic. Please share more about of this topic. I really enjoy through your topic.
Last edited by shweta.tiwari on Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.