Disgusting

A forum for discussion about political events or events which caused major future political events.
Luke
Political Stand:

Disgusting

Post by Luke » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:52 am

So far from our regional radio, parentheses are my information....

In one state (didn't catch name, sorry), the default screens of electronic voting machines had ballots already made out with straight Democratic tickets.

In Missouri, ACORN has registered thousands of illegal voters (at least 3500, possibly up to 35000) last election that all voted Democrat and it is suspected they are doing the same this November 7th. (This practice is widespread throughout the country, as many already know.)

In Maryland ballots were falsified by several poll site officials, and officials misled conservative voters into thinking that Republican candidates for state governor and legislator were actually Democrats.

More to come as they are found, I am sure.......
"I invented the Internet." - Al Gore

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

RE: Disgusting

Post by Lad » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:11 pm

That's terrible! That really is shocking. We have it much more simple in the UK. Just tick a box on your card and then the cards are counted up.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

appleton
Technical Administrator
Political Stand: Liberal

Post by appleton » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:31 pm

Yeh, It's pretty shocking although I'm not too surprised for a few reasons. A country the size of the U.S. I assume getting votes done must be pretty tough.

In this situation it sounds like the best thing to do is have the whole country re vote (previous not counted) and don't use the electronic voting machines (or anything else that relies on technology for that matter).

Some of these machines are really easy to hack and things can go wrong very easily. Pen and Card don't fail as often :) .

Matt
Last edited by appleton on Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist. Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back" - John Maynard Keynes

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:14 pm

I was surprised myself about how quick they used those machines. The first thing I thought of too Matt when I read that on the news was hackers. I think perhaps they should have stuck to pen and paper before the electronic system was fully tested. ;)

appleton
Technical Administrator
Political Stand: Liberal

Post by appleton » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:23 pm

Exactly, Electronic systems take years of testing, testing and even more testing before the can be considered safe(ish). Windows hasn't even got it right and look how popular that is :wink: .

I think someone was thinking and moving too quick when thinking of these systems.

Matt
"Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist. Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back" - John Maynard Keynes

Luke
Political Stand:

Post by Luke » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:37 am

I agree, we transitioned far far too fast. They even had a prime example in 2000 with Florida's electronic machines, but the never-look-back American philosophy took over the voting officials and away we go. :(
Last edited by Luke on Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I invented the Internet." - Al Gore

Lass
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lass » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:46 am

Dear me, never knew you had that kinda of corruption in elections! And the Democrats won... I don't feel like giving them muc credit for it now. :P
Above all, I would teach him to tell the truth ... Truth-telling, I have found, is the key to responsible citizenship. The thousands of criminals I have seen in 40 years of law enforcement have had one thing in common: Every single one was a liar. [JE Hoover]

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:40 pm

Well we all knew the Democrats would win. They were closer than I thought though. The Senate went down to just one state in the end.

jagsrocknfl
Political Stand:

Post by jagsrocknfl » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:23 am

The voting system must be fixed. I am fed up with corrupt ballads that lead to unwanted leaders! Please fix our polls!

jafar00
Political Stand:

Post by jafar00 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:24 am

I think the democrats would have won more seats in the last election if it wasn't rigged. They obviously didn't quite rig it enough to keep more republicans in their seats ;)
Not that it really matters. They are all Republicrats and Demopublicans anyway :tongue0011:
I reject your reality and substitute my own