Disgusting

A forum for discussion about political events or events which caused major future political events.
Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

RE: Disgusting

Post by Lad » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:17 am

Shows quite plainly it wasn't rigged if you ask me.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Lass
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lass » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:21 am

Not rigged by the Republican executive anyways.
Above all, I would teach him to tell the truth ... Truth-telling, I have found, is the key to responsible citizenship. The thousands of criminals I have seen in 40 years of law enforcement have had one thing in common: Every single one was a liar. [JE Hoover]

jafar00
Political Stand:

Post by jafar00 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:40 pm

[quote=Lass]
[/quote]

Who else is deciding? Perhaps they rigged it for a small democrat victory to make it look legit, then get the Democrats to do absolutely nothing in opposition to the republicans so the republicans can be victorious again in the next election.
I reject your reality and substitute my own

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:11 pm

[quote=jafar00]
[quote=Lass]
[/quote]

Who else is deciding? Perhaps they rigged it for a small democrat victory to make it look legit, then get the Democrats to do absolutely nothing in opposition to the republicans so the republicans can be victorious again in the next election.
[/quote]
I am a Republican and they never said a word about doing that at the meeting! :tongue:
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:36 pm

Yeah, they like to spend billions of dollars for nothing and giving up thousands of hours of time on tours, TV interviews etc just to deliberately lose or fake a win. Yeah, wise use of money.
There will always be the odd case of dishonesty in every single election anywhere, but if there was ever a country that had more spies on election time it was the US. The big parties had thousands of top US lawyers ready for action in the courts, should it come to that and there were thousands of independant men and women from all over representing all sorts of organisations that would have watched that election. Just because you don't like the result, don't put it down to it being rigged.

For some reason I never saw all the riots in the US about this or the big matches calling for another election or Kerry accusing Bush. Funny - well kind of.
Last edited by Lad on Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jafar00
Political Stand:

Post by jafar00 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:55 pm

Since when have governments used money wisely? Spending 100's of billions on War while the budget deficit is rising, and yesterday's US manufacturing data shows there is a technical recession in that part of the economy. ;)

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:27 pm

This is something you could exploit Jafar in your opposition to the US and UK. For all they have lost in the Iraq war look what they have gained.
Unlimited oil supplies for the next few decades. Not good.
They have jsut passed a very sad law in Iraq about the oil. It's a disgrace as it was pressurised by the UK and US.
Last edited by Lad on Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:31 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle ... 399257.stm

What this news report does not include is the percentage that goes to BP, Shell and other oil companies. :(
The new law did indeed do great things in getting the oil's income to the people, but most of the law actually was about multinational companies with all the legal stuff for them and how much they get out of it. I heard about this on the radio from an oil analyst expert.

jafar00
Political Stand:

Post by jafar00 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:59 pm

Don't forget Lad, Saddam only became the bad guy after nationalising Iraqi oil, and selling it in Euros instead of Dollars.
Access to all this cheap oil won't make it any cheaper for us mere citizens though. It just makes the fatcats richer. Most of the Oil is now getting sent to Israel now anyway.

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:06 pm

[quote=jafar00]
Don't forget Lad, Saddam only became the bad guy after nationalising Iraqi oil, and selling it in Euros instead of Dollars.
Access to all this cheap oil won't make it any cheaper for us mere citizens though. It just makes the fatcats richer. Most of the Oil is now getting sent to Israel now anyway.
[/quote]
I want that oil! I want cheap gas for my truck!Image
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant