Presidental election

A forum for discussion about political events or events which caused major future political events.

Who will win the election

Poll ended at Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:27 pm

Total votes: 0

bradleyjohnsonjr.us
Political Stand:

Presidental election

Post by bradleyjohnsonjr.us » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:26 pm

Who do you people think will win the election

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

RE: Presidental election

Post by Lad » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:41 pm

You mean the national election I take it. The guy's name is John McCain.

I thought Barack Obama at first would pip Hiliary, but now I think it is the other way. I think a Democrat Clinton era is going to come back.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by Romulus111VADT » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:31 pm

With all the problems in the Middle East and their treatment of women. I think the worst possible person for President would be Clinton. Besides, we don't need ole wild Bill taking up residence in Washington with a new supply of cigars.....lmao

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:10 pm

Lol Rom. Kinda strange the US system.
George Bush, Bill Clinton, George Bush jr, Hiliary Clinton. Anyone betting that the next person will be Jeb Bush?!

I actually don't think a female will make much differences to the middle east. It could, maybe just slightly help. Our queen is very much loved in the middle-east and they don't mind her being female at all. One country felt her gender was so dishonouring to her that on one visit they call her sir! I forget the name of the country. However, the middle-eastern nations will always hate the US whoever comes to power. :(

When we had a lady in power, Thatcher, it was certainly to be the last time for many a year. She was popular with some, but overall she didn't do much to encourage support for the women's wing in politics. Many people spit nails when he name is mentioned. She fell to a vote of no confidence by her own MPs and had to resign. The country still hasn't forgiven her for the poll tax system she brought in (it was later abolished).
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.