Will Dems Give Up on Health Care?

Discuss issues that arise in todays world.
owaispoul
Political Stand:

Will Dems Give Up on Health Care?

Post by owaispoul » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:20 am

Democrats in Congress continue to mull over the few options they have for dealing with their health care bill, with some suggesting that abandoning it all together is not an entirely bad option.

In a speech about Congress' 2010 agenda he delivered this morning, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer said Democrats have four options for health care reform -- all with "pluses and minuses."

"As I see it, we have four options. The first is to not pass a bill," Hoyer said. "The second is to try to pass a smaller bill that will make some very modest improvements for Americans — assuming that Republicans want to work with us. The third is for the House to pass the Senate's bill as-is. And the fourth is for the House to pass the Senate bill and both chambers to pass a 'fixes' bill to bridge their differences on issues such as affordability and funding. All of these choices have pluses and minuses."

Democrats are taking their time to consider the options, he said, hear from their constituents and consider the implications of the Senate special election results in Massachusetts.

"There are no easy choices," Hoyer said. "But the objective of accessible, affordable, quality health care remains."

Moderate Democratic Sen. Evan Bayh suggested today it is time for Democrats to move on from health care, Politico reports.

"No one has determined a good path forward yet on health care, so rather than sit here and do nothing, we ought to cut taxes on small businesses to create jobs," he said.

sallsbury
Political Stand:

RE: Will Dems Give Up on Health Care?

Post by sallsbury » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:57 am

One of my friends is over there.He had told me about this news.He was telling that 'Combine those with the bailouts and executive bonuses that American citizens are still irritated about and the rising deficit.'