Obama's budget curbs border programs.

Discuss issues that arise in todays world.
mikesleeve
Political Stand:

Obama's budget curbs border programs.

Post by mikesleeve » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:28 am

The Obama administration is proposing to scale back some border security programs set up after the 9/11 attacks and ramp up aviation security following the attempted Christmas bombing, in what some conservative lawmakers say is a dangerous priority shift.

Rep. Hal Rogers, R-Ky., the top Republican on the House panel overseeing the Department of Homeland Security's budget, says the border security funding in President Obama's budget for fiscal year 2011 is "woefully inadequate" and "as dangerous as it is indefensible."

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano says her department's $56.3 billion budget for next year, up 2% over this year, enhances security "across the board." Department spokesman Bobby Whithorne says the budget "continues to support smart, effective programs to strengthen border and interior security" while making "significant investments in aviation security."

code1
Political Stand:

RE: Obama's budget curbs border programs.

Post by code1 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:33 pm

i hope they do not scale back,security should be at its top secure level with no exceptions, :fi_lone_ranger:

signelect
Political Stand:

Post by signelect » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:38 pm

We haven't had border security since I was born. We are not willing to do what needs to be done so I don't care if they cancel it. We are catching illegals every day where I live and in many cases not only are they not sent by home but they don't even go to jail. I am been to 40 countries around the world and we are the only one who allows illegal entry and pass laws so we have to feed, education and provide medical care. Oh yes I forgot and change our language so they can understand us.

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:49 pm

How secure can anything be with Janet Napolitano in charge?

signelect
Political Stand:

Post by signelect » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:29 pm

I am surprised this subject does not draw more attention. If you live in a border state like I do and know people who live on the border it is really serious. The crime rate in Houston is out of site and a rather large majority of the suspect appear to have the possibility of being illegal. I know that is profiling but when any population group is largely responsible for most of the crime it is hard to ignore.

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:09 pm

signelect wrote: I am surprised this subject does not draw more attention. If you live in a border state like I do and know people who live on the border it is really serious. The crime rate in Houston is out of site and a rather large majority of the suspect appear to have the possibility of being illegal. I know that is profiling but when any population group is largely responsible for most of the crime it is hard to ignore.
I know people's back is to the wall. When they come to where you live something must be done. As I always tell people, when I am home I have no other place to go. So I will do what I need to do.

Good luck to you and everyone facing this problem.