The half tonne amonium nitrate bomb -almost

Discuss issues that arise in todays world.
Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

The half tonne amonium nitrate bomb -almost

Post by Lad » Sat May 05, 2007 12:24 am

I'm sure you all heard on your own TV set how the would be 5 terrorists of a massive ammonium nitrate bomb were sentenced to an amazing 40 years each. This is extraordinary in Britain as they hadn't actually killed or hurt anyone. The punishsment for an ordinary murder (murder: defined usually as premeditated killing) in the UK is 18 years (reduced to 12 years if you are good and no longer dangerous).

I bet life will be pretty tough in there for them all seperated from each other and I hope they enjoy the most miserable existence our prisons can afford. Prisoners in our overcrowded jails aren't known for their manners or political correctness and they'll suffer horribly at the hands of other prisoners. lol Infact they'll probably have to be kept alone to prevent them getting murdered. If any of you have time watch the program Panorama on the story. Really scary. Well done to the police and security services at home and abroad! This video is a real must and will really grip your attention.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/p ... 476207.stm
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

RE: The half tonne amonium nitrate bomb -almost

Post by DodgeFB » Sat May 05, 2007 12:38 am

Too bad you can not just put them in a room and blow it up with a ammonium nitrate bomb! But I guess people would think that was too mean. :evilgrin0012:
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by Romulus111VADT » Sat May 05, 2007 1:45 am

Timothy McVeigh used ammonium nitrate to blow up the Alfred P. Murrah Building in Oklahoma City on April 19, 1995. The Ryder truck, which contained about 5,000 pounds (2,300 kg) of ammonium nitrate fertilizer and nitromethane mixture packed into the back. The effects of the blast were equivalent to 4,000 pounds (1.8 t) of TNT and could be heard and felt up to fifty-five miles (89 km) away.

So this will give you an idea of what was avoided by Britain's.
Last edited by Romulus111VADT on Sat May 05, 2007 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Sat May 05, 2007 2:26 pm

Nasty enough. Who was this Timothy and why did he do it? Doesn't sound, a dare I say it, middle-eastern name.

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Sat May 05, 2007 3:06 pm

[quote=Lad]
Nasty enough. Who was this Timothy and why did he do it? Doesn't sound, a dare I say it, middle-eastern name.
[/quote]

He was "home grown". He got the death penalty and he is now dead. Here is a little more about him.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_kill ... ing_1.html
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

appleton
Technical Administrator
Political Stand: Liberal

Post by appleton » Sun May 06, 2007 12:22 am

I bet life will be pretty tough in there for them all seperated from each other and I hope they enjoy the most miserable existence our prisons can afford.
What a waste of money. What if they escape too. Having too dangerous people around like that is not very good. Short drop, Sudden stop sounds like the best idea :evilgrin0012:
Too bad you can not just put them in a room and blow it up with a ammonium nitrate bomb! But I guess people would think that was too mean.
The human rights lot would be after you! :P
Please don't tell me you have submitted entirely to the media? :icon_cry:
"Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist. Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back" - John Maynard Keynes

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Mon May 07, 2007 11:48 am

No I haven't, but MOST bomb attacks tend to be. ;)

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by Romulus111VADT » Mon May 07, 2007 12:07 pm

McVeigh was a first class loser and he killed 168 people (including children in a day care center) to avenge the Branch Davidian's Waco Texas tragedy that happened two years earlier to the day. This nut case deserved to die a slow painful agonizing death. In his case, torture would be appropriate.
Last edited by Romulus111VADT on Mon May 07, 2007 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dom
Political Stand:

Post by Dom » Thu May 10, 2007 12:02 pm

Forty years, eh? I hadn't heard what they got, only that they'd been sentenced.

Forty years is a lot, but deserved I'm sure. Hopefully that might be a deterrent for others. I would say that they are traitors to this country, and like the traitors of WWII should be shot, but that would only make them Martyrs in the eyes of extremists.

So big up the police, well done boys.

:)