Bye bye Tony!!

Discuss issues that arise in todays world.

Moderators: Lass, Lad

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Bye bye Tony!!

Post by Lad »

:cool0012: Whooohoooo!

This man speaks for a fair few, (picture courtesy of the BBC) protesting outside no.10 this morning as Blair' final items are removed.
_42430796_protest_getty.jpg
Last edited by Lad on Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

appleton
Technical Administrator
Political Stand: Liberal

RE: Bye bye Tony!!

Post by appleton »

I'm watching the handover now.

No. 10 will just be filled by another person just like him and with another agenda. At least Mr. Brown looks more approachable and can crack the odd few jokes :)
"Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist. Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back" - John Maynard Keynes

Luke
Political Stand:

Post by Luke »

America loses an ally; the British press loses a scapegoat they call the poodle; the British people loses an unpopular ruler that their press hates. :undecided:
"I invented the Internet." - Al Gore

appleton
Technical Administrator

Post by appleton »

One thing I would point out there. I don't think America has lost a ally. Brown is almost certain to continue strong relations with the U.S

Someone stop the carbon copy of Tony jokes please :P
"Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist. Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back" - John Maynard Keynes

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad »

No, Brown will continue the US alliance. That won't change. Infact nothing much is going to change for all Gordon says.

appleton
Technical Administrator

Post by appleton »

True, True :)

Lass
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lass »

"Good riddance." That chap ^^ had the right idea! I hear that he has a job as envoy to the Middle East, which I think is way too soon. I don't see why he should walk out of one high-flying job, straight into another. Probably still concerned about that troublesome legacy ... But being PM for 10 years doesn't make you entitled to that treatment, me thinks. Besides, his working towards peace in that region must surely be something of a joke ... ? I'm not one of these all-out critics of the UK's stance on Iran/Iraq/Israel/Palestine/Lebanon but I'm not sure Mr Blair's the right man for the job right now lol.
Above all, I would teach him to tell the truth ... Truth-telling, I have found, is the key to responsible citizenship. The thousands of criminals I have seen in 40 years of law enforcement have had one thing in common: Every single one was a liar. [JE Hoover]

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad »

Hamas are laughing their socks off at it all. Well I don't blame them, I laughed too!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle ... 247720.stm
However, Tony has been working hard in the Middle-east (you wouldn't think so) and I think he sees it as unfinished business. All we need now is George Bush to help him when he goes next year.