Alan Johnston released!

Discuss issues that arise in todays world.

Moderators: Lass, Lad

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Alan Johnston released!

Post by Lad »

This is indeed great news. Welcome home Johnny. :cool0012:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle ... 267928.stm

It was a disgusting abduction, journalists have the same rights and protection as medics, red cross workers and this is recognised world-wide. A stupid act by these terrorists. For once I will praise Hamas for co-operating with the abductors and bringing him back to us safe and sound.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Lass
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

RE: Alan Johnston released!

Post by Lass »

Was absolutely delighted to see this on the news today! As time passed it must have seemed less and less unlikely that he would ever be released. I wondered if he had actually been killed sometimes.
Above all, I would teach him to tell the truth ... Truth-telling, I have found, is the key to responsible citizenship. The thousands of criminals I have seen in 40 years of law enforcement have had one thing in common: Every single one was a liar. [JE Hoover]

Dom
Political Stand:

Post by Dom »

Read this this morning. I'm glad he's released finally.

appleton
Technical Administrator
Political Stand: Liberal

Post by appleton »

Finally! Was delighted to hear that this morning. Good job to hamas. Maybe it will shed light on their cause too.
"Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist. Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back" - John Maynard Keynes