What, No Budget 2008 Thread?

Discuss issues that arise in todays world.
Dom
Political Stand:

What, No Budget 2008 Thread?

Post by Dom » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:55 pm

Dear oh dear, we're all slacking, aren't we?

So what do you all think? Bad news for you students-to-be, as the price of everything alcoholic has gone up. Car tax could be better or worse, depending on how much of a gas-guzzler you drive, and the elderly are getting more heating allowance, which is cool.

Thoughts?

:)

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

RE: What, No Budget 2008 Thread?

Post by Lad » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:26 am

I think it was too boring for most people!
Same old stuff. More tax on booze, fags and gas. As always. Just to fund government middle east expenditions, whacky government ideas like ID cards, MP expenses, red tape and other beaurocratic nonsense and so forth. The roads remain congested, the public services are not what they should be and just when a means of cheap travel becomes available to most ordinary people (air) the government continues to clamp down on it with more taxes "because" of the green issue garbage.

The government needs to sit down and write a list of priorities of the majority (note NOT minority) of the population. Working down through the list from the top to the bottom with the budget. My bet is that health care, travel and social security are the majority's three main things. The health care system, although improved, is very lacking, travel is appaling and social security is better, but still the poor remain poor and there are too many crooks taking advantage of it.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Dom
Political Stand:

Post by Dom » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:13 am

True, there are still a lot of issues to be resolved. I like the the idea of prioritising areas that are important to the majority of people in the country, and working your way down the list. You'd think that they do something like this in the first place really.

Of course, if they were to do that, you might find that there are certain minorities who would see much less funding heading their way, and would probably accuse the government of favouring the majority, whilst further segregating the minorities. And by 'minorities' I mean everyone who doesn't fall into the 'healthy white male/female aged 18 - 45' category. It would be great to see the majority of people benefit each year, but what with political correctness being what it is, and the fact that most people (even politicians) would like to treat everyone fairly, I doubt the emphasis will ever be put on the majority of the population.

I'm not complaining exactly, as I too think that everyone should benefit from a greater quality of life, but at the end of the day you're never going to please all of the people all of the time.

:P

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:01 pm

The above is clearly spam!Image

//Moderator edit: Thank you, the spam has been removed.
Last edited by Per on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.