Not what it appears to be.

A wealth of political humor exists in the world. Share, discuss and view it here.
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Not what it appears to be.

Post by Romulus111VADT » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:19 pm

We need to show more sympathy for these people.
* They travel miles in the heat.
* They risk their lives crossing a border.
* They don't get paid enough wages.
* They do jobs that others won't do or are afraid to do.
* They live in crowded conditions among a people who speak a different language.
* They rarely see their families, and they face adversity all day every day.

I'm not talking about illegal Mexicans or other minorities;

I'm talking about our troops!

Doesn't it seem strange that many Democrats and Republicans are willing to lavish all kinds of social benefits on illegals, but don't support our troops and are now threatening to stop funding them?

Political Stand:

RE: Not what it appears to be.

Post by Dom » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:13 am

Aye, get the troops out of there!

Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:28 am

Haha! Great one Rom. Very nice.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

End of Days
Political Stand:

Post by End of Days » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:50 pm

Seriously, though, it's apples and oranges. All of the soldiers (and other military) who have joined up knew what their pay was going to be and knew that they were signing up during wartime. My wife was in Army for a year before being discharged due to a service related injury and there were plenty of people who seemed stunned when the deployment order came out. What do you expect? There's still no solid exit strategy in place (and much less two years ago when my wife got in) and, in difficult conditions without a real winning strategy, they just keep throwing bodies at the problem. We don't have a draft; the bodies offer themselves up willingly. Not to mention the fact that they do get a pay bump for deployment.

And I imagine that, when you're talking about cutting funding, it's nothing more than a political power move to force The Powers That Be to actually start bringing our troops home in earnest. It's not because they want our troops to not get paid. That's ridiculous.

Say what you want about illegal immigrants, and I believe fully that we need to pull our troops out and get them home and stop dying, but to compare the two? It makes no sense. They're very separate issues.

Political Stand:

Post by anildewani » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:06 pm

yeah..i believe to give them a bow and a piece of respect..They have a really hard life. they live in minorities among ppl who speak different language..they protect our country by protecting our borders, they help us in any matters and in any consequences. A great bow of respect to the troops :)