Washington rally urges end to war

Discuss both American & Caribbean Politics here.
jafar00
Political Stand:

Washington rally urges end to war

Post by jafar00 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:54 am

"10's of thousands" of real American patriots want troops out of Iraq and they held a protest to be heard. :)

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/ ... 412213.htm
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

RE: Washington rally urges end to war

Post by Romulus111VADT » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:48 pm

As a Vietnam Veteran, I was faced with protests in the states that make this look like a Sunday social meeting. I can tell you that I didn't look on protesters as "patriots", more like cowards. If these same people had been doing the same thing during WWI and WWII, you'd be goose stepping your way to work as your every step was scrutinized by the SS. Muslims were also among the ethnic groups that were targeted by the Nazi's ethnic cleansing.

The allies lost more soldiers on June 6th, 1944 (one day) than have been lost during both the 1991 Gulf War and the current Iraq war combined. Just the Americans lost more than 3,000 men that day alone. All this to liberate the very country you now live in. What, with Frances attitude towards the US now. All these men died for nothing and you can bet if France gets itself in another fix and comes crying to the US for help, that the protesters will be out in force and you can also bet that despite my loathing of protesters in general, I'll be in that protest rally.

BTW, the last time France came crying to the US for help was Vietnam.

WWI daily totals of allied soldiers tended to pass the entire sum of those protesting in Washington, DC.

I did notice that ole Hanoi Jane was in attendance....lmao....will that dumbass ever learn! She's spent 30 years apologizing to Vietnam Vets. Now I guess she'll spend the rest of her useless life apologizing to Iraq War Vets.
Last edited by Romulus111VADT on Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:40 pm

Hanoi Jane should have been shut up years ago. She just loves this cut and run rich celebrity stuff. If you want to know how to run a country ask an actor? I don't think so.Image
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

jafar00
Political Stand:

Post by jafar00 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:43 pm

With respect Romulus WWII was a completely different kettle of fish to the Vietnam and Iraq Wars.
Hitler and later, his allies were a real threat and the way the rest of the world came together to remove that very real threat brought out the best (and the worst) in us.
My late Grandfather also fought in the war to liberate France so the concept is not lost on me at all.
In Vietnam, the threat was Communism and the Communists won that particular part of the Cold War. I don't see why the US and Allies had any reason to be there in the first place. I've not fully researched the deep political issues with the Vietnam War so I can't really say much more about it.
Now, the Iraq invasion cannot at all be compared with WWII. It was based on total lies against an imaginary threat, not a real threat. Like the coming attack on Iran which is also based on lies and propaganda.

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:15 pm

[quote=jafar00]
With respect Romulus WWII was a completely different kettle of fish to the Vietnam and Iraq Wars.
Hitler and later, his allies were a real threat and the way the rest of the world came together to remove that very real threat brought out the best (and the worst) in us.
My late Grandfather also fought in the war to liberate France so the concept is not lost on me at all.
In Vietnam, the threat was Communism and the Communists won that particular part of the Cold War. I don't see why the US and Allies had any reason to be there in the first place. I've not fully researched the deep political issues with the Vietnam War so I can't really say much more about it.
Now, the Iraq invasion cannot at all be compared with WWII. It was based on total lies against an imaginary threat, not a real threat. Like the coming attack on Iran which is also based on lies and propaganda.
[/quote]
Both sides are guilty of playing the "propaganda" game. And when they all keep lying people just stop believing either of them. :sign0089:
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by Romulus111VADT » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:06 pm

Jafar it's not that I'm trying to compare WWII with the current conflicts. At least not in the ways you interpret my posts. I'm referring to how different the world would be today if the US had listened to the protesters during WWI and WWII. Yep, their was considerable opposition to both wars.

It seems that protesters procreate like all the rest of the worlds populations. Protesters seem to find something to protest irregardless of whats going on in the world. These people are professional whiners and grippers. If the world was at total peace and everyone got along perfectly. There would be some people that are so miserable in peace that they would invent things to protest like the "Gay Nazi's" or something.

I dispise protestors and have very good reasons. I've made post to this effect already.

Luke
Political Stand:

Post by Luke » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:15 am

I saw a comic once showing a lot of people holding signs and shouting and yelling about "down with animal research, down down down." The caption read: "Due to animal research, these people each have 14 more years to protest." ;)

I think we should load up all the protestors, put them in army uniforms, and let them spend one week each in Iraq. Perhaps they would understand why we are there and the work we are doing there against tremendous odds.
"I invented the Internet." - Al Gore

jafar00
Political Stand:

Post by jafar00 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:44 am

[quote=Luke]
I saw a comic once showing a lot of people holding signs and shouting and yelling about "down with animal research, down down down." The caption read: "Due to animal research, these people each have 14 more years to protest." ;)

I think we should load up all the protestors, put them in army uniforms, and let them spend one week each in Iraq. Perhaps they would understand why we are there and the work we are doing there against tremendous odds.
[/quote]

Yeah, why are you there? What is it the "work" you are doing?
Perhaps we should load up all the children of the congresspeople and send them to Iraq.

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:18 pm

Where I think I differ from you Jafar is that I don't think A war was wrong. Where I agree with you is that THIS war is wrong. Two wrongs don't make a right. If you make a mess you clear it up. If our government mucks up Iraq they should put it straight again and pulling out would be devasting and destabalise the whole region. I think if this war had been gone about differently, postponed another year perhaps and with the UN's approval, with plans for post-war Iraq things would have been very different. For now, all we can do is train Iraqis to defend their country and once it calms down we can leave. It looks like things are improving in Basra sufficiently for troops to leave and for Iraqi forces to take over in the near future.
Last edited by Lad on Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Luke
Political Stand:

Post by Luke » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:31 am

Can people who spit on a man who has lost a leg serving in America's forces be true patriots? I think not.
"I invented the Internet." - Al Gore