Washington rally urges end to war

Discuss both American & Caribbean Politics here.
jafar00
Political Stand:

RE: Washington rally urges end to war

Post by jafar00 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:05 am

[quote=Lad]
It looks like things are improving in Basra sufficiently for troops to leave and for Iraqi forces to take over in the near future.
[/quote]

That will change dramatically if Iran is attacked. Basra province is very pro Iran. It also happens to be a very important supply line for US troops. If Basra's citizens and warlords turn against US supply lines after an attack on Iran, you'd better hope the new billion dollar embassy they are building has a helipad on the roof. ;)
Last edited by jafar00 on Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Lass
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lass » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:05 pm

Iraq is to be pitied, if it is not to be scorned. They should get behind the coalition forces that are risking life and limb, yes, giving lives, for their nation. The sooner they do that, the sooner we can leave. Iran ought to have nothing to do with it; if it has, Iraq is at fault ... again.
Above all, I would teach him to tell the truth ... Truth-telling, I have found, is the key to responsible citizenship. The thousands of criminals I have seen in 40 years of law enforcement have had one thing in common: Every single one was a liar. [JE Hoover]

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:07 pm

[quote=jafar00]
[quote=Lad]
It looks like things are improving in Basra sufficiently for troops to leave and for Iraqi forces to take over in the near future.
[/quote]

That will change dramatically if Iran is attacked. Basra province is very pro Iran. It also happens to be a very important supply line for US troops. If Basra's citizens and warlords turn against US supply lines after an attack on Iran, you'd better hope the new billion dollar embassy they are building has a helipad on the roof. ;)
[/quote]
We may very well find out. On one side there is a leader who seems dumb enough to want to be attacked. And on the other side you have a leader who is dumb enough to attack. So there ya go. Two great leaders that really love their people. :sign0089:
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

jafar00
Political Stand:

Post by jafar00 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:52 pm

[quote=Lass]
Iraq is to be pitied, if it is not to be scorned. They should get behind the coalition forces that are risking life and limb, yes, giving lives, for their nation. The sooner they do that, the sooner we can leave. Iran ought to have nothing to do with it; if it has, Iraq is at fault ... again.
[/quote]

Why should they get behind the coalition (whats left of it anyway) that destroyed their nation? Iran does have something to do with it in as much as most of the Iraqi puppet government and especially most of Basra province are very Pro Iran.
One doesn't need two hands to work out the math involved.
If Iran is attacked, every pro Iranian Iraqi is going to turn against you in a big way. Also not forgetting the Taliban who currently run free in 1/3 of Afghanistan who will see the opportunity to launch an offensive.
You and I both know the US could not in it's wildest dreams survive a war against Iran when you consider that they are already bogged down in Iraq in a losing position.
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Lass
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lass » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:52 pm

[quote=jafar00]
Why should they get behind the coalition (whats left of it anyway) that destroyed their nation?[/quote]
The coalition did not destroy Iraq. And even if it had, it would still be in Iraqi interests to back them. And, forget your anti-coalition stance, Iraq is destroying itself if it rebels against the coalition.

[quote=jafar00]
Iran does have something to do with it in as much as most of the Iraqi puppet government and especially most of Basra province are very Pro Iran. [/quote]
Indeed, I'm sure Iran does have influence in Iraq. That is exactly my point - the Iraqi government needs to get a grip and one good step in that direction would be backing our forces.

[quote=jafar00]
You and I both know the US could not in it's wildest dreams survive a war against Iran when you consider that they are already bogged down in Iraq in a losing position.
[/quote]

If the US needed/wanted to, it could flatten Iran. Of course it could survive. If it would come off worse in a war fought with troops on the ground, then obviously it wouldn't go that way. But it is militarily superior to Iran.
Above all, I would teach him to tell the truth ... Truth-telling, I have found, is the key to responsible citizenship. The thousands of criminals I have seen in 40 years of law enforcement have had one thing in common: Every single one was a liar. [JE Hoover]

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by Romulus111VADT » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:15 am

[quote=Lass]
If the US needed/wanted to, it could flatten Iran. Of course it could survive. If it would come off worse in a war fought with troops on the ground, then obviously it wouldn't go that way. But it is militarily superior to Iran.
[/quote]

One Trident Submarine could easily turn Iran into a parking lot and the US has several. So you are quite correct with your assumption.

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:00 am

I'm not sure what you mean Jafar when you refer to one missile that supposedly the US hasn't got a defence for. If the US invades Iran casualties ignored - it will be a simple bombing raid from the air until the place is flat.

If they repect life they will undoubtedly invade and lose many troops. The latter does not show military inferiority at all, but a respect for life. You can be sure that if inations were the other way round things would be a little different. Iran would have no qualms whatsoever of flattening every person in the USA if it could get away with it.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.