NM Impeachment Resolution - Passed 5-1 - Floor Vote Next

Discuss both American & Caribbean Politics here.
jafar00
Political Stand:

NM Impeachment Resolution - Passed 5-1 - Floor Vote Next

Post by jafar00 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:40 am

In what may be a national first, a State-initiated impeachment resolution against the President and Vice-President of the United States has reached the floor of a State Senate. Drawing support from hundreds of supremely dedicated citizens willing to wait hours on both weekends and weekdays for the opportunity to speak, the five Democrats present on the New Mexico Senate Judiciary Committee, voted in favor without doubt or hesitation. No audience member spoke against.

read more... http://rense.com/general75/smm.htm
I reject your reality and substitute my own

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

RE: NM Impeachment Resolution - Passed 5-1 - Floor Vote Next

Post by DodgeFB » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:57 pm

[quote=jafar00]
In what may be a national first, a State-initiated impeachment resolution against the President and Vice-President of the United States has reached the floor of a State Senate. Drawing support from hundreds of supremely dedicated citizens willing to wait hours on both weekends and weekdays for the opportunity to speak, the five Democrats present on the New Mexico Senate Judiciary Committee, voted in favor without doubt or hesitation. No audience member spoke against.

read more... http://rense.com/general75/smm.htm
[/quote]
It will never go anywhere. One state can't impeach anyone in the federal government. :tongue: And it would be tough for the feds. to get both impeached before their time is up. And since the leadership of the senate and the congress have both said it ain't going to happen that is about it.

But that one state can dream all they want to. :biggrin:
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

jafar00
Political Stand:

Post by jafar00 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:59 am

Here is the video of it http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8992560646

I don't think it will happen. Bush/Cheney are above the law. They can ignore it with impunity and no bunch of annoying little people will ever be able to touch them. :icon_mad:

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:25 pm

[quote=jafar00]
Here is the video of it http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 8992560646

I don't think it will happen. Bush/Cheney are above the law. They can ignore it with impunity and no bunch of annoying little people will ever be able to touch them. :icon_mad:
[/quote]
One state could never impeach a president at anytime. The whole country elected them and one state can't just undo a national election. It just does not work that way. :biggrin:

jafar00
Political Stand:

Post by jafar00 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:58 pm

Justice must be first and foremost on the minds of congress as they vote on this tabled motion.
If they fail to act, Justice, Freedom, Democracy, Human Rights and the right of the people to hold their elected representatives responsible for upholding those things, is dead.

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:23 pm

[quote=jafar00]
Justice must be first and foremost on the minds of congress as they vote on this tabled motion.
If they fail to act, Justice, Freedom, Democracy, Human Rights and the right of the people to hold their elected representatives responsible for upholding those things, is dead.
[/quote]
I am not sure that one state has the legal right to vote on this. And if they are just making it up as they go along they are protecting nothing. I don't think even the Bush haters will take them seriously. It would be like me getting my family together to change the Constitution of the United States. Most people here will not take these "grandstanders" seriously. Because they have no authority! N.M. is not even our National Capital. They may fool around and be put out of their own office if they keep it up. The Feds. always trump the state when push comes to shove in one way or another. So in my opinion after living here for dang near 60 years this group is just a bad joke. If they want Bush out they should put their efforts where they will count. :tongue: