Raul really??

Discuss both American & Caribbean Politics here.
oddbits
Political Stand:

Raul really??

Post by oddbits » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:20 am

Do you think Raul Castro will really succeed Castro when he moves on? Seems hard to believe. He is only two years younger than Castro and they have other, younger, people in Government they could pick. Thoughts? This seems like a wacky strategy, however perhaps they don't want the "real" successor to stand up just yet since he could very well get himself killed. :?

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

RE: Raul really??

Post by DodgeFB » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:52 am

[quote=oddbits]
Do you think Raul Castro will really succeed Castro when he moves on? Seems hard to believe. He is only two years younger than Castro and they have other, younger, people in Government they could pick. Thoughts? This seems like a wacky strategy, however perhaps they don't want the "real" successor to stand up just yet since he could very well get himself killed. :?
[/quote]

There may be a younger member of the family standing by. But when the two old war horses are gone I am expecting that country to have big problems. Mostly from the outside. Just my opinion. :)
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

appleton
Technical Administrator
Political Stand: Liberal

RE: Raul really??

Post by appleton » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:47 pm

I believe Raul would succeed although I belive their might just be a younger person standing by as DodgeFB said. Cuba will possibly struggle to maintain it's communist government. I'm not sure whether the majority of cubans want the government to continue (as a communist one).

Lately Cuba has been making lots of progress. Fidel has made friends with Chavez and much oil and doctors have been working in Cuba since their talks. Cuba is surrounded by countries that are democratic so that could influence things at the end of the day I think it would be up to the cuban people.

I guess the real question is.. Just how deep are the communist roots in Cuba?

Matt :)
"Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist. Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back" - John Maynard Keynes