Who removed Aristide?

Discuss both American & Caribbean Politics here.
appleton
Technical Administrator
Political Stand: Liberal

Who removed Aristide?

Post by appleton » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:51 pm

Attachments
aristide.jpg
200px-Rene_Preval.jpg
200px-Rene_Preval.jpg (30.26 KiB) Viewed 4519 times
"Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist. Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back" - John Maynard Keynes

KDSM
Political Stand:

RE: Who removed Aristide?

Post by KDSM » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:03 pm

uggggh your pushing my buttons matt.
If your not going to fight a war to win......then dont bother starting it.

appleton
Technical Administrator

Post by appleton » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:16 pm

Which ones? It's a article everyone has their right to their own opinions. If you got something you want to say please share it :)

This article was only posted to show the many errors the U.S government made in Haiti.
Last edited by appleton on Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist. Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back" - John Maynard Keynes

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by Romulus111VADT » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:32 pm

[quote=matt]
Which ones? It's a article everyone has their right to their own opinions. If you got something you want to say please share it :)

This article was only posted to show the many errors the U.S government made in Haiti.
[/quote]

Not that I don't readily admit that the US has had more than it's fair share of screw ups as a nation. But please enlighten me on the flawless record of the British and it's military. It seems to me that the US has helped Britain out of a couple of bad situations at the cost of many 10's of thousands of American lives.
If memory serves me correct, I do believe that the US also helped rebuild most of Europe after WWII, especially Germany, France and the UK.

Now tell me, how many times have all these nations ever even offered help to the Americans?

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:36 pm

[quote=KDSM]
uggggh your pushing my buttons matt.
[/quote]
Been a lot of that going on here.

All I have to say is that I am sorry the US ever had anything to do with France from day one. :sign0089:
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

appleton
Technical Administrator

Post by appleton » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:20 pm

It seems this thread has caused some upset.

It was stupid of me to post this in such strong fashion. If you look back at this thread you will see it was posted way back in June. My views/attitudes have changed since then.

So I apologise for this post and any upset I have caused.

Regards,
Matt

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by Romulus111VADT » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:52 pm

[quote=matt]
It seems this thread has caused some upset.

It was stupid of me to post this in such strong fashion. If you look back at this thread you will see it was posted way back in June. My views/attitudes have changed since then.

So I apologise for this post and any upset I have caused.

Regards,
Matt
[/quote]

I wasn't that upset by your post, it was the implication that all the American military does is screw up. I was just curious to hear of the flawless performance of the British military. If it truly has never ever made any mistakes, maybe the US needs to send some people over there to learn what we've been doing wrong in WWI, WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. But I'm already well versed in the screw ups during Vietnam. I was there to witness them first hand...lmao

I guess I figured that since the Brits asked us back for another round in WWII, that we must have done something right in WWI....lol

You gotta love sarcasm.... :tongue:

appleton
Technical Administrator

Post by appleton » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:08 pm

I wasn't implying that. Sorry if it came over as if I was ;) .

The British military has probably made more screw ups then the U.S. I can think of a few major ones just off the top of my head!

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by Romulus111VADT » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:16 pm

[quote=matt]
I wasn't implying that. Sorry if it came over as if I was ;) .

The British military has probably made more screw ups then the U.S. I can think of a few major ones just off the top of my head!
[/quote]

War is an imperfect art. It's sad that we humans can't get along. I've seen the horror of war first hand and it never seems to accomplish it's goals w/o incredible suffering on everyone involved.

I've always said that if every nation and it's people spent more time trying to help their fellow man. We wouldn't have time for wars. Nor the need for wars.

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:00 pm

Britain has made lots of mistakes an done lots of iffy things and many things people could argue over.

During the second world war we asked the French to hand over their fleet to prevent the Nazis taking it over. Not only was it an impending certainty that they would, but was a such a threat to Britain as it could have been just that extra the Nazis needed to get the upperhand. What did we do when they refused? We sank the entire fleet and hundreds of French soldiers died. Britain could be accused of terror or barbaric practice, but I defend Churchill's position as the right one.
Last edited by Lad on Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.