Libya and other oppressed nations

Where all the blog posts go that end up on the front page!
philbell
Political Stand:

Libya and other oppressed nations

Post by philbell » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:57 pm

It has been a while, but here goes.

What do people make of the attacks on Libya? Fair enough they are trying to prevent civilians getting hurt and giving them a chance to protest, although a little bit late in that respect. Gaddafi has been heavy handed with 'his' people, but has been for over 40 years. Why the sudden change of tact?

Bahrain is in a similar position yet everybody turns a blind eye, is this right?

Iran was threatened and is kinda under threat still, yet Saudi oppression is accepted, why?

China has been probably the worst offender in this respect, yet nobody would risk bombing there would they?

There are many other cases around the world that are ignored, Zimbabwe for example, yet Libya has been singled out. Is this purely down to oil? Or is there more to it?

I really don't have any clue what is going on. Why would we start things now when they are too late? The no-fly zone might have worked weeks ago but now it seems to have created a no win situation for anybody. Even threatening to bomb artillery moving to attack civilians might have been warranted a couple of weeks ago, and attack if needed. Now it is in position it makes the whole situation a different game.

Give the civilians the freedom to protest in safety would have been good and valid but the current situation just seems to be a mess. Nobody seems to know what the aims are, so what are they fighting for?

Like I say its been a while...............

shweta.tiwari
Political Stand:

RE: Libya and other oppressed nations

Post by shweta.tiwari » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:38 am

Libya is going out the many internal problems at this time. So, Libya create i some areas no flying zone.