Man urinates on 'Freedom Monument,' loses freedom

Where all the blog posts go that end up on the front page!
Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Man urinates on 'Freedom Monument,' loses freedom

Post by Romulus111VADT » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:58 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23258978/?GT1=10856

Seems disrespect is a universal sickness.

In 1999 I was at a Vietnam Memorial where 3 teenagers were caught red handed sort a speak. There were well over 100 Veterans milling about talking after the ceremony.

To make a long story short, when the police got to the 3 teens, they were within seconds of becoming girls. It took quite a concerted effort on the part of the police to rescue these boys. I guarantee we put the fear of God into them and an ever great fear of ever pissing on any Veterans Memorial again.

The sad part is that heir parents were fined thousands of dollars for the cleanup and the teens involved had to do the clean up under armed guards that just happened to be a Veterans. I bet many a toothbrush was worn out on that cleanup....lmao.

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

RE: Man urinates on 'Freedom Monument,' loses freedom

Post by Lad » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:52 pm

Disrespect. Starts in the home, then in the school and then in society. Take away corporal punishment in the home and school and brats simply get worse. It amazes me that no-one ever in government stops to think of the way society has gone when compared with generations past.

At least those boys had a punishment. Very unusual. In the UK the soldiers would have been charged with assault on a child and the child campaigners would have been throwing up their hands in horror at such treatment. Get them clean up? No way. That would be just an expense for the council like all the other bits of vandalism they have to deal with. The police may arrest them, but they would not be charged. Most likely they would just be removed from the area.

What did you do to them?! :P lol
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by Romulus111VADT » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:30 pm

We never physically harmed them. The sight of 100 extremely po'ed Veterans running after them must have made them feel like Custer...lmao.

Funny part was, the police were already there and were among the people just standing around chatting. The 3 were crying like little kids and crying for their "Mommas". They were thanking the police for "Rescuing" them when one cop turned around and started, "I'm an Ex-Marine", the next, "Ex-Army", the next, "Ex-Navy Seal", the next, "Ex-Navy Seal". Turns out everyone w/o fail was a veteran. The Captain of the Sheriff's Deputies (Ex-Navy Seal) on scene told them all point blank. "If we weren't paid to protect the innocent or in your case "The Stupid", I'd just a soon help the veterans here accomplish this lesson."

You see in the US under certain crimes, children can be prosecuted as adults. Knowingly desecrating a National War Monument falls into one of these categories.

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:47 am

Really, I didn't know that. Over here it isn't possible to charge someone under 9 at all and there are limited options on charging for under 16. Any charge can be brough between 16-18, but the sentencing would be restricted. It is not until 18 that people are fully responsible, so they say anyway. I am unaware of any exceptions where a child can be treated like an adult.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.