Knife Crime

Where all the blog posts go that end up on the front page!
philbell
Political Stand:

Knife Crime

Post by philbell » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:57 am

There has been a lot said about knife crime lately for obvious reasons with so many deaths this year.

I personally this is down to the bloody do-gooders over the last 20 years that has brought the country to the state that it is in. It is one of those situations where a few cases of extremes taken by a small minority has resuted in the majority of the country living in fear!!

By this I am refering to the discipline handed out. Around 25 years ago the cane, slipper or smack was a punishment and proper deterrent. Obviously some sicko's took this too far, but for the majority the system worked. Then the do good brigade got involved and made it illegal to touch a child, just in case one of the oddball brigade was doing it for the wrong reasons.

At some point in the middle of all this, the kids realised that there reached a point where they could not be touched anymore!! They could (literally) get away with murder!!

I work with teenagers. I see how they work. There are teachers that they do respect and others they do not. The ones they do are the 'old school' who put their job on the line by demanding respect and the ones they that they don't are the ones that take the softly softly approach. This is not to say the new teachers coming through are the ones at fault, far from it!! In many cases the new teachers can be just as good as the old 'masters'. It is down to the leadership. I have seen several failing schools turned around in few months and its' pupils come to respect the staff simply by having fair but tough leaders. At the same time the problems in these local areas have decreased considerably and resutls improved.

Seeing the offender as the victim is bullshit. Stop it!! Punish them instead of the bullied like it should be, and punish the parents who do not give a crap what their kids do. The masses get on with it and get nothing but the offenders get treats to keep them quiet.

It is all so wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

RE: Knife Crime

Post by DodgeFB » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:14 pm

[quote=philbell]
There has been a lot said about knife crime lately for obvious reasons with so many deaths this year.

I personally this is down to the bloody do-gooders over the last 20 years that has brought the country to the state that it is in. It is one of those situations where a few cases of extremes taken by a small minority has resuted in the majority of the country living in fear!!

By this I am refering to the discipline handed out. Around 25 years ago the cane, slipper or smack was a punishment and proper deterrent. Obviously some sicko's took this too far, but for the majority the system worked. Then the do good brigade got involved and made it illegal to touch a child, just in case one of the oddball brigade was doing it for the wrong reasons.

At some point in the middle of all this, the kids realised that there reached a point where they could not be touched anymore!! They could (literally) get away with murder!!

I work with teenagers. I see how they work. There are teachers that they do respect and others they do not. The ones they do are the 'old school' who put their job on the line by demanding respect and the ones they that they don't are the ones that take the softly softly approach. This is not to say the new teachers coming through are the ones at fault, far from it!! In many cases the new teachers can be just as good as the old 'masters'. It is down to the leadership. I have seen several failing schools turned around in few months and its' pupils come to respect the staff simply by having fair but tough leaders. At the same time the problems in these local areas have decreased considerably and resutls improved.

Seeing the offender as the victim is bullshit. Stop it!! Punish them instead of the bullied like it should be, and punish the parents who do not give a crap what their kids do. The masses get on with it and get nothing but the offenders get treats to keep them quiet.

It is all so wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

I must say, having been shot and having been cut. I would rather be shot than cut. And if given the opportunity I would prefer to deal with the offender at the time.
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant