Rise of Inflation

Where all the blog posts go that end up on the front page!
philbell
Political Stand:

Rise of Inflation

Post by philbell » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:16 am

The rate of inflation was released today as 3.8%. Yet gas/electicity inflation was 16% and fuel at 28% and food at well over 10%. (These figures fluctuate depending where you look, so are not exact) My personal expenditure matches these figures pretty much, so in real terms my expenses have gone up by hell of a lot more than 3.8%. I cannot see how the overall rate is pegged backed by the steep rises in the goods that everybody needs to survive can be pulled back by stuff nobody depends on as a necessity.

My personal outgoings have gone up by around 20% not 3.8% yet I am expected to take a 2.4% rise!! I understand thefact that the more wages rise the more that inflation can be affected, but to have a paycut when prices rise so quick is hard on the low paid. Especially when teachers who do fuck all are wanting more than 10%!!

'Those who can do and those who can't teach' has never been more true!! There are so many that cant do and cant even teach yet get paid a fortune for doing nothing but moaning how hard done by they are!! Put all teachers in a real job for a year on real wages and lets see how many moan after that.

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

RE: Rise of Inflation

Post by DodgeFB » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:00 pm

It all comes down to poor people suffer and rich people don't. :icon_frown:
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant