'Free Elections' in the West

Where all the blog posts go that end up on the front page!
philbell
Political Stand:

'Free Elections' in the West

Post by philbell » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:12 am

I have not been following the US elections too closely, they get so much air time as so much money is spent on these elections that I feel that the winners are not there out of merit but out of the show they put on.
It makes a farce out of democracy and free and fair elections. How can they be free and fair when so many millions of Dollars are pumped in to the campaigns?
How are they any free and fairer than any other dictatorship, where the rich control the poor? None of them have had to struggle to survive, none of them understands what it is to live day to day hoping there will be food on the table tomorrow. If they did they would think twice about alienating most of the electorate by wasting fortunes on their own glorification!!
The final choices for the American people are between Obama and McCain, what a choice!! Am not sure about McCain but there something not quite right there, don’t know what it is, but something doesn’t ring true. As for Obama, well the falseness is just so obvious how anyone would vote for him is beyond me!! I can see him being another Bush, only worse, if that is possible!!
At the end of the day though it proves that to be President in the US is pretty much as democratic as being President of Zimbabwe!! There may be a bit more choice but the potential candidates in Zimbabwe can come from any corner where the candidates in the US are about as likely to come from a real background as I am to walk on the moon.
So much for the ‘free world’
All of the dictatorships in the world are not that far removed. They may limit opposition parties and declare free elections, but the US is proving that ‘free elections’ are between 2 of the richest people in their nation. It cannot be contested by just anybody, just anybody with millions of dollars and preferably a bit of celebrity behind them.

philbell
Political Stand:

RE: 'Free Elections' in the West

Post by philbell » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:39 am

Right now I have just heard a live speach from an Obama supporter trying to make all of those people that I said they really do not represent think that they are represented. They had all the cheers behind them, but it is all bullshit. They have offered 'normal people' the chance to be in this stadium, to say what a fantastic guy he is, yet they charge these 'normal people' stadium prices for stadium tickets. This is not democracy. It is a farce. Let Russia show us the way, they are about as democratic as the US is right now!!

philbell
Political Stand:

Post by philbell » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:51 am

Is there anyone out there??

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:04 pm

:sad: I am afraid there is not anyone out there 99% of the time. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

blimblelt
Political Stand:

Transformers Games

Post by blimblelt » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:22 am

keep it up! Thanks