What is goging on?!?

Where all the blog posts go that end up on the front page!
philbell
Political Stand:

What is goging on?!?

Post by philbell » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:43 am

How have banks and bankers gone to the wall so quickly? For years upon years they have been making billions, yet in a few months they are going bust!! What happened to all of the profits? I am guessing that they have been drained off by the bosses and shareholders that have been reaping the rewards.

So if for all these years they are rewarded by doing such a fantastic job, how come they are not liable for the failures?? Surely the fat cat salaries they have taken should be paid back. After all it is their actions that got them the bonuses and hence it is a 2 way street and surely they should be made liable for their faults. It is the same for all of the top company CEO's. They have to take the rough with the smooth.

Ok we are in a global mess but these people got us there and should pay the biggest price. I am all for these government bailouts if they really will get the economy stabilised, BUT the people that are responsible, the heads of the banks, companies etc that have made millions should be personally liable and be forced to pay back the 'earnings' and 'bonuses' they have made by bringing their companies to the wall in the long run.

The ENRON and other people were prosecuted in the end, I think there are a huge amount of people that have created this world situation through their own greed, have profitted through it and should now pay the price. They have lived the high life and the rest of us are now paying, they should be the ones made to suffer in destitution, not me and you. Strip them of ALL their assets and put them back in to the economy, do not send them to jail and make that their punishment as they will cost us even more to keep them. Make them pay back for the rest of their lives!! Then maybe the next generation will be that bit more careful and think twice about taking millions in payoffs and bonuses and living the dream.

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

RE: What is goging on?!?

Post by DodgeFB » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:55 pm

[quote=philbell]
How have banks and bankers gone to the wall so quickly? For years upon years they have been making billions, yet in a few months they are going bust!! What happened to all of the profits? I am guessing that they have been drained off by the bosses and shareholders that have been reaping the rewards.

So if for all these years they are rewarded by doing such a fantastic job, how come they are not liable for the failures?? Surely the fat cat salaries they have taken should be paid back. After all it is their actions that got them the bonuses and hence it is a 2 way street and surely they should be made liable for their faults. It is the same for all of the top company CEO's. They have to take the rough with the smooth.

Ok we are in a global mess but these people got us there and should pay the biggest price. I am all for these government bailouts if they really will get the economy stabilised, BUT the people that are responsible, the heads of the banks, companies etc that have made millions should be personally liable and be forced to pay back the 'earnings' and 'bonuses' they have made by bringing their companies to the wall in the long run.

The ENRON and other people were prosecuted in the end, I think there are a huge amount of people that have created this world situation through their own greed, have profitted through it and should now pay the price. They have lived the high life and the rest of us are now paying, they should be the ones made to suffer in destitution, not me and you. Strip them of ALL their assets and put them back in to the economy, do not send them to jail and make that their punishment as they will cost us even more to keep them. Make them pay back for the rest of their lives!! Then maybe the next generation will be that bit more careful and think twice about taking millions in payoffs and bonuses and living the dream.
[/quote]

Anyone getting bailed out should be prohibited from any bonus or "golden parachute" until the government is repaid with interest.

Heck we send money to countries that hate us. So why not let charity begin at home.Image
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant