Future Energy Sources

Where all the blog posts go that end up on the front page!
philbell
Political Stand:

Future Energy Sources

Post by philbell » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:29 am

[/u]There has to be a decision on future energy sources made soon before it is too late, but no matter what is suggested the bloody green brigade campaigns against it!! So what the hell can be done?

Nuclear Power is a no no to them.

Coal/Gas power stations pump out too much co2 (fossil fuels are running out anyway) so they are out of the question as a long term fix.

Wind power, which the green brigade once pushed as an answer, are now not the answer as they cause 'blots on the landscape' and noise pollution to those close by. The offshore windfarms seem to cause even more outrage to peoples as their view is ruined etc etc.

Wave power is opposed as it causes other environmental issues!!

Where the hell do they expect the power to come from? I am still trying to perfect my perpetual motion generator but until this is finished I can't see any other viable option other than one of the above.

I live in an area where all of the above affect me personally to a point.

I work in a unique office that looks out over the Irish Sea right on to a large windfarm. Does it spoil my view? No not really, instead of seeing nothing but water and clouds there are little tiny windmills on the horizon. Breaks up the monotony of nothingness to be honest!! On the hills around my area there are wind farms, they do look out of place at first but then you get used to them and not notice them, at night they lurk out of the gloom and remind me of Triffids (for some strange reason) and if you are right up close to one they are noisy. The noise is no more than a big oak tree would make in the wind with the wind rustling through its leaves though, yet they don't want all the trees felled!! Maybe paint them (the windmills not the trees) a colour that will blend in rather than white, but other than that there is no problem.

Tidal power has been a local ambition by some. Build a barrage across an estury that harnesses power 24/7simply by the movement of the moon. How green is that? Yet this might cause a problem for wildlife!! It is not like a dam blocking off all of the water it is simply like a series of underwater windmills using the moving tide instead of the wind, out of sight and all that!! But oh no that is not good enough either, a cockle mioght get injured, despite the fact that if it doesnt the Chinese will just bag it up to sell to us for 10 times they were paid to collect it.

The oil/gas/coal option is out of the question as this nation does not have enough to support itself and due to the co2 problems that causes.

Nuclear power is not wanted by most people in their back yards but I think is accepted by many now as the solution for the moment. Obviously the green brigade won't have this either but I live within 40 miles of Sellafield, which although doesnt have a power station (I don't think) processes all the waste from all of the others and is more of a risk than the power stations themselves. Since the accident at Windscale (Sellafield)in the 50's there have been no major problems in the UK with Nuclear power.

What do people think on this matter? What should the answer be? All I know is that I am sat in a freezing cold house that 2 years ago was toasty hot. I simply cannot afford to heat it now and want an affordable solution that will get me and my kids warm again in the winter.

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

RE: Future Energy Sources

Post by DodgeFB » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:19 pm

[quote=philbell]
[/u]There has to be a decision on future energy sources made soon before it is too late, but no matter what is suggested the bloody green brigade campaigns against it!! So what the hell can be done?

Nuclear Power is a no no to them.

Coal/Gas power stations pump out too much co2 (fossil fuels are running out anyway) so they are out of the question as a long term fix.

Wind power, which the green brigade once pushed as an answer, are now not the answer as they cause 'blots on the landscape' and noise pollution to those close by. The offshore windfarms seem to cause even more outrage to peoples as their view is ruined etc etc.

Wave power is opposed as it causes other environmental issues!!

Where the hell do they expect the power to come from? I am still trying to perfect my perpetual motion generator but until this is finished I can't see any other viable option other than one of the above.

I live in an area where all of the above affect me personally to a point.

I work in a unique office that looks out over the Irish Sea right on to a large windfarm. Does it spoil my view? No not really, instead of seeing nothing but water and clouds there are little tiny windmills on the horizon. Breaks up the monotony of nothingness to be honest!! On the hills around my area there are wind farms, they do look out of place at first but then you get used to them and not notice them, at night they lurk out of the gloom and remind me of Triffids (for some strange reason) and if you are right up close to one they are noisy. The noise is no more than a big oak tree would make in the wind with the wind rustling through its leaves though, yet they don't want all the trees felled!! Maybe paint them (the windmills not the trees) a colour that will blend in rather than white, but other than that there is no problem.

Tidal power has been a local ambition by some. Build a barrage across an estury that harnesses power 24/7simply by the movement of the moon. How green is that? Yet this might cause a problem for wildlife!! It is not like a dam blocking off all of the water it is simply like a series of underwater windmills using the moving tide instead of the wind, out of sight and all that!! But oh no that is not good enough either, a cockle mioght get injured, despite the fact that if it doesnt the Chinese will just bag it up to sell to us for 10 times they were paid to collect it.

The oil/gas/coal option is out of the question as this nation does not have enough to support itself and due to the co2 problems that causes.

Nuclear power is not wanted by most people in their back yards but I think is accepted by many now as the solution for the moment. Obviously the green brigade won't have this either but I live within 40 miles of Sellafield, which although doesnt have a power station (I don't think) processes all the waste from all of the others and is more of a risk than the power stations themselves. Since the accident at Windscale (Sellafield)in the 50's there have been no major problems in the UK with Nuclear power.

What do people think on this matter? What should the answer be? All I know is that I am sat in a freezing cold house that 2 years ago was toasty hot. I simply cannot afford to heat it now and want an affordable solution that will get me and my kids warm again in the winter.
[/quote]

I understand what you are saying. Heck they will not even let you put hamsters on wheels for power. :wink:
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

johnruddock
Political Stand:

Future Energy Sources

Post by johnruddock » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:32 am

Is this site dying through lack of energy ?

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:41 pm

[quote=johnruddock]
Is this site dying through lack of energy ?
[/quote]
It sure seems like it is dying to me. :sad:
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

dmtalk
Political Stand:

Post by dmtalk » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:06 pm

There is a new project which is being impleted in our country. It is the solar power electric project. The electricity would be captured from the sunlight, then the motors would produce more of it and thats the best solution i guess. I guess it would be prety cheap and easy method to raise electricity.

Dirk
Political Stand:

Post by Dirk » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:20 pm

[quote=DodgeFB]
Heck they will not even let you put hamsters on wheels for power.
[/quote]

Woah - mindshock! Let's do that!

Aren't there plans to build a fission power plant on the moon and then send almost-free limitless energy down to collecting vats on Earth?
Working Class And F***ing Proud!

A, B, C, D - Eviscerate the bourgeoisie.

Freedom Or Death. One solution:
R-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N!

All Power To The People!

janyropal
Political Stand:

Post by janyropal » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:22 am

I would prefer Nuclear Energy source as a good Future Energy Sources. The only issue with nuclear energy is the length of time this alternative will be viable. We have used oil for about two centuries, I am afraid nuclear power will not last much more than that if we use it on as large of a scale as we do with oil. So the problem persists, we need an energy source that can stick for a loong, long time.