What is your leadership preference?

Political conversation and debate. Law, Immigration, and Climate Change.
calieigh
Political Stand:

What is your leadership preference?

Post by calieigh » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:07 am

What is your leadership preference? an educated leader, an experienced leader, or lack of education and without experience but with a sense of leadership, or other qualities of a good leader that you like most?

alexjems41
Political Stand:

RE: What is your leadership preference?

Post by alexjems41 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:41 am

"Talkers are no good doers," says Shakespeare. Educated people can be experienced and knowledgeable. But, it does not mean that educated people should compulsorily have leadership qualities. Even though developed, it could not match the personality of an inborn leader. I do believe in leadership is an inborn trait. I remember an executive who recruited 500 bank presidents told once, "There are two kinds of candidates: tap dancers and superstars. Tap dancers go through the motions and superstars get the work done. I recruit the superstars." I like his logic. To get the work done, most of top level executives (today’s so called leaders in organization) change their attitude and become the situational leaders who react as situation demands.
Thanks,

jefcully
Political Stand:

Post by jefcully » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:41 pm

I do not expect one's leadership will not be easy. I see a fundamental difference between leadership, doing the right things, and management, do things. Leadership, setting the right course and guide your subordinates throughout this course is perhaps the biggest challenge that you encounter in your career. It will be difficult requiring a study, common sense and a willingness to learn.

code1
Political Stand:

Post by code1 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:39 pm

i look for good qualities in a leader i think a leader should possess qualities that can make the leader welcomed in other nations who want and seek peace

signelect
Political Stand:

Post by signelect » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:58 pm

All great leaders have one thing in common, great character, you know, golden rule stuff. Any one can bluff, bully and shout but at the end of the day people follow leaders because they want to not because they have to.

duabrown
Political Stand:

Post by duabrown » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:43 pm

Since the establishment of the business, companies must look for clues to help identify and select successful leaders. They find the vision of men and women with the rare combination of features to help them as the driving force, business drivers and authority figures. The concept of leadership has been frequently observed and studied extensively, but understanding what the definition of a successful leader is always out of reach.
Last edited by duabrown on Wed May 02, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

signelect
Political Stand:

Post by signelect » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:31 pm

It is not out of reach but success is hard to define. I heard the President last night sounding like he had just finished two very successful year but my preference is that he was not successful and we are much worse off than before. ex. over double the unemployment rate and a debt out of sight. That is not success and he is not a leader, he is a vote buyer.

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:42 pm

signelect wrote: It is not out of reach but success is hard to define. I heard the President last night sounding like he had just finished two very successful year but my preference is that he was not successful and we are much worse off than before. ex. over double the unemployment rate and a debt out of sight. That is not success and he is not a leader, he is a vote buyer.
Agreed!Image