How do you think of the Nobel Prize 2010?

Political conversation and debate. Law, Immigration, and Climate Change.
smallfrog
Political Stand:

How do you think of the Nobel Prize 2010?

Post by smallfrog » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:47 pm

The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided to award the Nobel Peace Prize for 2010 to Liu Xiaobo for his long and non-violent struggle for fundamental human rights in China. The Norwegian Nobel Committee has long believed that there is a close connection between human rights and peace. Such rights are a prerequisite for the “fraternity between nations” of which Alfred Nobel wrote in his will.
http://nobelpeaceprize.org/en_GB/announce-2010/
In the past 21 years, the Committee awarded the Peace Prize to two Chinese, one is the Dalai Lama, one is Liu Xiaobo. The former is to undermine national unity, separatist elements to split China; the latter one is inciting subversion of state power in custody offenders. Liu preached that "China should be a colonial for another three hundred years ", "China should be divided into eighteen countries." Is that a soldier of peace?
Because of the Nobel Prize does not have the independence in the actual operation, the Nobel Peace Prize has become a tool of some Western politicians, it is going farther and farther, from the facts we can see that the Prize can not reflect the real thing.

signelect
Political Stand:

RE: How do you think of the Nobel Prize 2010?

Post by signelect » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:17 pm

I could not agree more, the prize has become a political tool to be used to further the career of someone and no long is about peace as it once was, or so I was led to believe. Communism is not about peace but control so it is very difficult for them to understand this price. I have read a little about Liu Xiaobo and it took real courage to do what he did.