Capital punishment

Political conversation and debate. Law, Immigration, and Climate Change.
bradleyjohnsonjr.us
Political Stand:

Capital punishment

Post by bradleyjohnsonjr.us » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:01 am

I was wondering what people thought about capital punishment for Sex offenders, Murders, I think alot on this but can't get the right answer out right now. I was wanting to know what you thought?

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

RE: Capital punishment

Post by Romulus111VADT » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:40 pm

I don't know if it's from my up bringing, my Religious beliefs (An Eye For An Eye), my military background, my involvement in Vietnam, or all of the above. But I believe the crime should dictate the punishment.

Any murderer should face death in the exact same way they killed their victims. Any sex crime should have mandatory castration. Any sex crime that involves murder should have not only mandatory castration, but a mandatory death penalty.

Oh, I know, "What about the criminals human rights!" I believe the criminal should be shown the same concern for his/her human rights as they showed their victims.

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:45 pm

I'm more or less on the same line as Rom. If you deprive someone of the only life they have you must surrender your own. For every other type of crime there is usually a way back to normality. Once you are dead you are dead and there is no way back. In all other crimes the human rights can be restored to a citizen. However, that is not possible in murder and therefore the criminal must bear the consequences.

For sex crimes; for the serious ones castration and a short prison sentence. For the less serious ones a warning is more appropriate and a short prison sentence. If it is still possible for a sex offender to continue after the operation they should be jailed for long periods.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:59 pm

Having just found guilty a really wretched man, the families are calling for the death penalty. This guy will never be let out of jail (I hope!).
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/7257402.stm

However, I would not support the death penalty in this case as although the evidence is sufficient to convict him, (I have followed this case) at the present I believe there isn't 100% concrete evidence for capital punishment.

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by Romulus111VADT » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:37 pm

[quote=Lad]
For sex crimes; for the serious ones castration and a short prison sentence. For the less serious ones a warning is more appropriate and a short prison sentence. If it is still possible for a sex offender to continue after the operation they should be jailed for long periods.
[/quote]

Less serious, hmm, maybe a taser treatment, cattle prod, a good whack with a 9 iron or possibly a cricket bat with a few nails embedded for effect....lmao

Just thank God I'm not making the laws..... :tongue0011:

bradleyjohnsonjr.us
Political Stand:

Post by bradleyjohnsonjr.us » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:36 pm

do you think the castration should be processed as far as how they should do it? and should they involve pain or not? or should they just give them an injection?
[quote=Romulus111VADT]
I don't know if it's from my up bringing, my Religious beliefs (An Eye For An Eye), my military background, my involvement in Vietnam, or all of the above. But I believe the crime should dictate the punishment.

Any murderer should face death in the exact same way they killed their victims. Any sex crime should have mandatory castration. Any sex crime that involves murder should have not only mandatory castration, but a mandatory death penalty.

Oh, I know, "What about the criminals human rights!" I believe the criminal should be shown the same concern for his/her human rights as they showed their victims.
[/quote]
Last edited by bradleyjohnsonjr.us on Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

appleton
Technical Administrator
Political Stand: Liberal

Post by appleton » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:02 pm

[quote=bradleyjohnsonjr.us]
do you think the castration should be processed as far as how they should do it? and should they involve pain or not? or should they just give them an injection?
[quote=Romulus111VADT]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Physical castration. Let people know the law is not to be broken.

However I believe as Lad also believes that this sort of punishment should only be dished out if its 100% proven the person is guilty.

In most cases murderers don't care if they die so it wouldn't matter to them much. However it would be good to get killers off the streets and outta prison ..
Last edited by appleton on Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist. Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back" - John Maynard Keynes

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by Romulus111VADT » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:14 pm

If an man rapes anyone, be it man, woman or child. He rarely is think of nothing but his own perverse sexual satisfaction. He rarely has little if any compassion or caring if he harms his victims. I feel that a FULL castration with little if any pain suppression should be called for.

Have you ever seen what a forcible rape does to a grown woman let alone a female child or infant? Many women and a staggering amount of children die from the rapes.

The amount of pain that was dealt to the rape victim is in some cases part of the perverse sexual gratification these low lives get. So why should we be concerned about their comfort in castrating them?

Before you ask, yes, I've seen men castrated before. The Viet Cong were well known for leaving US Servicemen castrated (normally dead). We'd find them with it hanging out of their mouths. These were normally black men that were tied to a tree with their hands tied behind them. So many US groups reciprocated and started doing the same to the VC. No, I have never personally castrated anyone in this fashion, nor did my strike team. But we did come across many that had been done to both sides.

philbell
Political Stand:

Post by philbell » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:48 pm

I agree with the general comments as long as there is no doubt in the conviction. Why keep any dangerous convict in comfort though?

Why spend millions each year keeping the scum in comfort while the less well off and elderly freeze through the winter. If the offender has violated anybody elses human rights then they should be exempt from being protected by human rights laws. If they were treated like they deserve then maybe it might actually act as a deterrent.

The bloody do-gooders will be aghast now no doubt but I have plenty of examples to prove that the nicely nicely system does not work on persistant offenders. Maybe give a first offence the benefit of the doubt but second time put them in a hell hole and see how many re-offend!

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:42 am

Mch easier with rapists. They tend to leave their DNA all over the victim in places that they can't explain any other way. A conviction is far easier. I could not include marital rape on that one though. Rape is defined as non-consensual sex, but there is a huge difference between a man raping a child and in a fit of anger raping his wife. Although the latter should be punished if it could be proven, I do not think it would be meriting such a harsh punishment.