Republican strategy

Political conversation and debate. Law, Immigration, and Climate Change.

Moderators: Lass, Lad

politics4u
Political Stand:

Republican strategy

Post by politics4u »

First we had the obstructionis strategy:
Trent Lott says: "'The strategy of being obstructionist can work or fail...and so far, it's working for us.'" (Roll Call, April 18, 2007)
And now we have this:
Minority Whip Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) and nine other Republicans spoke with reporters Thursday afternoon following their House colleagues' unanimous rejection of President Obama's stimulus package Wednesday evening.

"They can cram down a stimulus package without Republican support," said Kyl, "but if that happens, then when, as we believe, in six months or so, when the American people say, 'Wait a minute, we're not better off. In fact, we're worse off than we were six months ago. Who is responsible for this and what can be done to fix it?' Republicans then are going to be in a position to say, 'We didn't have the input in this and that's why it didn't work.'"
We're facing the toughest challenges in our lifetime.....and these people are acting like spoiled, immature little twits.

How can conservatives sleep at night?

The Dems might have little choice - they should recall the concessions they made and move forward with package as they see fit.

When children misbehave there has to be a consequence.

ford007
Political Stand:

RE: Republican strategy

Post by ford007 »

I disagree completely with you. the only party which cares about the working class is the GOP. The Economic Stimulus is a plan by Obama to squeeze out money from working class and give it to the Wall Street Elite. Anyone who had the balls to stand up against it deserves congratulations, not condemnations.
Enough of (ZA)Nu Labor. BNP is the only real alternative.

desozapeater
Political Stand:

Post by desozapeater »

Hi
"kool-aid-drinkers" has been around for a long time. It refers to the Jim Jones massacre, when his followers blindly took poison in kool-aid. So a kool-aid drinker is a blind unreasoning follower. Like the people who still support Bush.

I agree about the republicans. They got nothing. Their favored policies (deregulate, cut taxes) fly in the face of reason nowadays. Their insults just look petty.

code1
Political Stand:

Post by code1 »

should the people not let these studies be tried,why is it when it comes to the republican studies it seems that they cannot compete with the other study groups :fi_lone_ranger:

rhadden
Political Stand:

Post by rhadden »

[quote=ford007]
I disagree completely with you. the only party which cares about the working class is the GOP. The Economic Stimulus is a plan by Obama to squeeze out money from working class and give it to the Wall Street Elite. Anyone who had the balls to stand up against it deserves congratulations, not condemnations.
[/quote]

rhadden
Political Stand:

Post by rhadden »

I am sorry but if I am not mistaken didnt bush start the ball rolling with the stimlus first

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB »

[quote=rhadden]
I am sorry but if I am not mistaken didnt bush start the ball rolling with the stimlus first
[/quote]

Yes, and Obama agreed. Someday this bunch will have to take responsibility for this country. They have played "blame it on Bush" for almost a year.

And the "stimulus" was just wrong for both of them. They all need to realize this country is broke. We can no longer afford the "feel good" stuff. :biggrin:
Last edited by DodgeFB on Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

christainpaul
Political Stand:

Post by christainpaul »

all countries have their own stretergies regarding the republican or also for the growth rate on which the economy maintain of that country ..

signelect
Political Stand:

Post by signelect »

You can't fix anything throwing someone else s money at the problem. Bush did start it, remember he was keeping us safe. think of it this way. A person falls out of the boat in the ocean with sharks, Bush showed up with a boat and circled us and kept the sharks away but the sharks weren't the problem we were drowning and Bush didn't have a life jacket. Obama showed up and said Bush was wrong what we needed were more boats. We drowned. We would have drowned either way but with Obama it cost more money. My money by the way.
Last edited by signelect on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB »

"You can't fix anything throwing someone else s money at the problem."

You are absolutely right about that. Some in our government think all money belongs to the government. That way they can be big hearted and let us keep what they think we need.