Obama Most Admired Man by Americans!

Political conversation and debate. Law, Immigration, and Climate Change.

Moderators: Lass, Lad

politics4u
Political Stand:

Obama Most Admired Man by Americans!

Post by politics4u »

According to a recent American poll, Obama is the most admired man in the world.

"President-elect Barack Obama is the man Americans say they admire most in the world, according to a USA Today/Gallup poll published today.

32% of those questioned said Obama was the man they most admired compared with 5% for President George W Bush who came in second. Defeated Republican presidential candidate John McCain came in third with 3%.

Hillary Clinton leads the list of most admired women with 20%, according to the poll. She has held this spot for 13 of the past 16 years, as first lady, then New York senator and now Obama's choice to be secretary of state.

Alaska governor Sarah Palin, unknown in much of the US until she became the Republican party's vice presidential candidate in the November elections, was the second most admired woman with 11%. Television talk show host Oprah Winfrey is third with 8%.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/de ... dmired-man

Want your reviews !! :)

ford007
Political Stand:

RE: Obama Most Admired Man by Americans!

Post by ford007 »

Want my review?

I am pretty shocked. There are many competent politicians in USA... but I don't think Barack is one of them. I don't feel like Barack is having any personal or professional quality in him that makes me admire him. He will be a true descendant of the Neo Nazi Bill Clinton who massacred 12,000 Serbian civillians in 1999. I fear him even more since he is incompetent. Iraq, Afghanistan, Serbia.... what next? Russia? Only in your dreams Barack.

To tell the truth I hate him for the simple fact that he was elected to the post of president due to ultra-polarized voting by his co-ethnics (97% to 3%).
Enough of (ZA)Nu Labor. BNP is the only real alternative.

Niall_İsxaqov
Political Stand:

Post by Niall_İsxaqov »

Sarah Palin outsmarting John McCain by 11% to 3%? I have always thought that Sarah Palin was the better candidate as far as GOP was concerned. Still the Grand Old Party gave away the election by fielding McFossil.

Holy Russia will save the world

lindavenom
Political Stand:

Post by lindavenom »

Im not sure how everyone else here feels about our new president-elect but I myself am incredibly happy. I believe that Barrack Obama can bring change to America and unite the parties together that we have been desperately lacking throughout the last 8 years. It is a historical moment for our time, we have now just elected the first black President in American history which is a huge step for us as a country. Let’s make the history memorable by possessing a memento Blue Souvenir Card of President Obama on the front. I’m waiting to see if Obama can deliver his promises but i sincerely believe that he will.

mongoman
Political Stand:

Post by mongoman »

I'm not from the US, so I can't say anything about Obama from an American perspective, but from what it seems to me, the initial buzz of electing the first black president, who was expected to solve everything has died down, and now people are begining to base their opinions of him on his policies and actions, rather than on the fact that he was the first black president.

The fact that he has already made steps to shut down Guantanimo Bay means that I have a great deal of respect for him.

worldismyoyster
Political Stand:

Post by worldismyoyster »

I am extremely happy with the new prisdent of the USA. I believe he is an inspiration to us all and I can see why he is the most desired man! Since he has been elected president he has done so much good. I would like to hear the points and reasons for those who disagree with my opinion, it would be interesting to see why. x

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB »

[quote=worldismyoyster]
I am extremely happy with the new prisdent of the USA. I believe he is an inspiration to us all and I can see why he is the most desired man! Since he has been elected president he has done so much good. I would like to hear the points and reasons for those who disagree with my opinion, it would be interesting to see why. x
[/quote]
1. He is just another "feel good" tax and spender.
2.In my opinion he lied about "change". Just look at the people he surrounded himself with. Starting with that old bitter guy he picked for VP. Not to mention all the tax cheats he has appointed. He talks a good game. But he does not back it up in my opinion.

No need to just pile it on I am sure you get the idea. I have no confidence in him and am losing more respect for him everyday he "plays" president. He is drunk with the power. Just as the last one was.Image
Last edited by DodgeFB on Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

Lakrite
Political Stand:

Post by Lakrite »

Oprah lost to Palin? That's interesting considering how low Palin's favorability seems.
"Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives."
-Ronald Reagan

"Life is a story; if you stay on the same page forever you will never finish it."
"There are days you are the pigeon and days you are the statue."

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB »

[quote=Lakrite]
Oprah lost to Palin? That's interesting considering how low Palin's favorability seems.
[/quote]I would pick Palin over Oprah any day. Oprah and her posse help stick us with what we have now. :sad:
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

Alex.Alex
Political Stand:

Post by Alex.Alex »

Appalling treatment of British Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, could be written off as another example of the Obama administration’s incompetence. Visit www.JoyTiz.com for more on the failures of the Obama administration