Iraq PM calls for raiders' arrest

Discuss Middle East Politics here.
DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

RE: Iraq PM calls for raiders' arrest

Post by DodgeFB » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:17 pm

[quote=Lad]
There is little cure for a group of totally disillusioned folks, so what cure is there for a whole nation or race? The majority of Palestinians (millions of them) support Hamas and millions in Lebanon support Hezbollah. Many people in both countries would happily give their lives to take away a few of their enemies. Sadly, they aren't on their own and outside those countries millions more support what they get up to.
[/quote]
Do we need some motivational speakers to get their hopes up?Image
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:32 pm

Nothing will change in the forseeable future - and I see no way of influencing that prediction. :(
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Luke
Political Stand:

Post by Luke » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:07 pm

The Middle East is the center of human conflict. It was the region of the world's first wars, and some of its most violent wars of current times are underway there now. I don't think we can expect a conflict thousands of years old to be resolved any time soon. :(
"I invented the Internet." - Al Gore

appleton
Technical Administrator
Political Stand: Liberal

Post by appleton » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:40 am

There is little cure for a group of totally disillusioned folks, so what cure is there for a whole nation or race? The majority of Palestinians (millions of them) support Hamas and millions in Lebanon support Hezbollah. Many people in both countries would happily give their lives to take away a few of their enemies. Sadly, they aren't on their own and outside those countries millions more support what they get up to.
Interesting you didn't mention Israel there too! They would happily give their lives to take away a few of their enemies and do resort to dirty tactics to do so.

War won't end in the region any time soon. Sorry for quoting just your post there Ben but it looks like something a BBC employee would write (there's nothing wrong with that! ;) ).
Do we need some motivational speakers to get their hopes up?
Never work. One side will claim it's a attempt by the other to trick them or something similar :icon_rolleyes: :P

All I can say is I hope for us all to be wrong and peace to be restored in that region, in my lifetime (long shot).
"Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist. Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back" - John Maynard Keynes

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:01 am

Lol well I'm not quite sure what I am supposed to take from being awarded a BBC style of writing badge.
However, I disagree that Israel would give their lives in the way Palestinians would. I doubt any Israeli would become a suicide bomber and I certainly have never heard of one. There will always be a few extremists - there have been some in the UK that would die for their cause no matter what it is. I am referring to the majority (99.9%) of Israelis.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:19 am

Those Palestinians seem to be very dedicated if nothing else. How many people attack a tank with a rock?
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant