Saddam trial flawed

Discuss Middle East Politics here.
Lass
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

RE: Saddam trial flawed

Post by Lass » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:41 pm

No doubt the human rights set look back in dismay at the Allies' treatment of members of the Nazi government at Nuremburg - a disgrace on our nation, that we let their human rights be so infringed ... :icon_rolleyes:
Last edited by Lass on Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Above all, I would teach him to tell the truth ... Truth-telling, I have found, is the key to responsible citizenship. The thousands of criminals I have seen in 40 years of law enforcement have had one thing in common: Every single one was a liar. [JE Hoover]

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by Romulus111VADT » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:02 pm

[quote=Lass]
No doubt the human rights set look back in dismay at the Allies' treatment of members of the Nazi government at Nuremburg - a disgrace on our nation, that we let their human rights be so infringed ... :icon_rolleyes:
[/quote]

Yea, it has always amazed me how the human rights advocates worry so much about the criminal-terrorist and their rights. But it never seems to come up about the simple fact that those on trial had violated the rights of their victims. Like in the case of Hitler and Hussein. Both men were responsible for the deaths of thousands if not tens of thousands. Hussein actually personally killed many. Hitler to my knowledge never personally killed anyone. Both signed death warrants for thousands.

On a personal note- I pity anyone foolish enough to break into my home and try to harm my wife. The only way they will accomplish their objective is literally over my dead body. I've seen death and have become it's friend. I have no fear of death and have sent many an enemy combatant to meet their maker. This was to protect not only my life, but the lives of my men and innocent villager. So God help the fool that tries to harm my loved ones!

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:02 pm

Why is it that the Human Rights Watch and others put so much emphasis on the rights of people who take a deliberate stand against humanity? What is so fundamentally wrong that those who deny others the right to live can expect the same standard of living and comfort as any other citizen? People that have killed children, killed women and men and not in a temper, but in planned attacks by the most henious and cruel ways that they could invent have so little rights that they should be glad for every moment they get to breathe. Forget whether the judge followed every miniscule detail in a complex trial. Life is so cheap to these people, that they don't see it a problem that the enemies of humanity should be able to have the possibility to kill again.

Hitler was a WWI soldier Romulous and this was what started his hatred for the countries he invaded later on in WWII. It also enabled him to be so sucessful as he understood life in the trenches and how war was fought or should have been fought. His hatred for Jews and other races came simply from Germany. Hitler was just rather more extreme than most. The majority of people in Germany were quite happy with his policies and not all because of his propogander either.

Like you I would never allow someone to kill someone I loved before my eyes. However, due to my lack of experience with fighting or even simple survival techniques I would have to be pushed very hard before I attacked anyone. Almost certainly I would get killed. I have already made up my mind that if I get asked for my wallet under threat where I live, I'll give it them as quick as I can!
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by Romulus111VADT » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:43 pm

[quote=Lad]
Why is it that the Human Rights Watch and others put so much emphasis on the rights of people who take a deliberate stand against humanity? What is so fundamentally wrong that those who deny others the right to live can expect the same standard of living and comfort as any other citizen? People that have killed children, killed women and men and not in a temper, but in planned attacks by the most henious and cruel ways that they could invent have so little rights that they should be glad for every moment they get to breathe. Forget whether the judge followed every miniscule detail in a complex trial. Life is so cheap to these people, that they don't see it a problem that the enemies of humanity should be able to have the possibility to kill again.

Hitler was a WWI soldier Romulous and this was what started his hatred for the countries he invaded later on in WWII. It also enabled him to be so sucessful as he understood life in the trenches and how war was fought or should have been fought. His hatred for Jews and other races came simply from Germany. Hitler was just rather more extreme than most. The majority of people in Germany were quite happy with his policies and not all because of his propogander either.

Like you I would never allow someone to kill someone I loved before my eyes. However, due to my lack of experience with fighting or even simple survival techniques I would have to be pushed very hard before I attacked anyone. Almost certainly I would get killed. I have already made up my mind that if I get asked for my wallet under threat where I live, I'll give it them as quick as I can!
[/quote]

Hitler was actually Austrian and I know he was a private in WWI. I want to think he was a message runner for some reason. I am not certain he killed anyone during the war?

Keep in mind that even the most timid animal will fight to the death when threatened.

Your quite right to assume I have a tremendous amount of training when it comes to fighting. Combat will teach you things you'd never learn in a class or even martial arts training. I've got 40 + years of martial arts study to my credit. I learned to fight so in civilian life I wouldn't have too. So far since the service, there's been few that have crossed me. The first 10 years after wards were a bit rough. But the last 30 years have been quite peaceful thank God.

appleton
Technical Administrator
Political Stand: Liberal

Post by appleton » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:52 pm

Same! I would never allow that to happen too. In the city things are a bit rougher round here. I'm running out of fingers for how many times people have attempted robbing me or someone I knew. I remember once one man (about 29 or so) smacked me in the face as I was walking past him and a friend in the park. I immediately swung my fist round back in his face and winded him a few times. I know it's not right to be promoting this or condoning it but what gives that person the right to attack me? I'm glad I walked away quick because his friend was after me and he was pretty big.

Anyway back on topic. Yes Hitler fought in the war. However I learn t from history lessons at school that he applied for a job (shortly after he got his citizenship) and a jew got the job and he didn't. Obviously it seems that might have sparked something and he may have been experiencing shell shock from WW1 anyway.

TBH I think the human rights lot not need to just quit it sometimes. Sometimes they are right sometimes they are just totally in the wrong. Hitler deserves nothing after what he did nor does saddam. In some cases though like minor crimes human rights should be allowed to be put in place and followed. I support Australia for not signing that bill I guess. Perhaps I should move there :tongue:
Keep in mind that even the most timid animal will fight to the death when threatened.
That's very true. We are animals and we do have animal instincts too even though we try to hide some of them.

Matt :sign0089:
Last edited by appleton on Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist. Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back" - John Maynard Keynes

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by Romulus111VADT » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:40 am

matt wrote: I'm glad I walked away quick because his friend was after me and he was pretty big.
That's very true. We are animals and we do have animal instincts too even though we try to hide some of them.

Matt :sign0089:
My Sensei taught me real quick how much a bigger person is a threat. As he said, "A house will not stand w/o a foundation." If you kick as hard as you can on the inside of the knee(s). I don't care how big or strong they are. They will be brought to their knees quickly. After wards, they will spend many weeks in the hospital having knee reconstruction surgery.

I'd rather fight someone bigger than me than someone smaller. The worst beating I ever got was by a guy 5'4" and he was one fast SOB....lmao...It seemed every time I turned around, I was running into his fists....lmao. That was in high school and so far I have been undefeated since. Now that was a good thing in Nam.

I also figure it this way when it comes to timid animals. It's better to go down fighting. Especially if you feel your going to die either way. I mean what do you have to lose? You might actually win the battle. One of the best ways to win a fight is to act like your scared of the assailant. That makes them get over confident and they tend to drop their guard. Thats when you hit them with ever thing you have at your disposal.

Thats all for todays lesson my young students.... ;) :icon_lol:

KDSM
Political Stand:

Post by KDSM » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:50 pm

yeah who cares? the scum is dead and the victims finally have closure. Over here in the U.S. the A.G got a phone call in the early morning hours before saddams execution from his lawyers trying to get the execution stopped. They were argueing that because he had civil law suits against him in the U.S. his civil rights would be violated if he was executed.

LOL........the A.G. bascially said that the U.S. couldnt do anything about what the iraqi government wanted to do with him. (personally I think thats a crock but am glad the iraqi's can hopefully move forward)
If your not going to fight a war to win......then dont bother starting it.