Full Saddam Execution Video Leaked from Cellphone

Discuss Middle East Politics here.
appleton
Technical Administrator
Political Stand: Liberal

RE: Full Saddam Execution Video Leaked from Cellphone

Post by appleton » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:05 am

It is unfortunate Luke. Although it may end some turmoil when people see that video of him suffering just like what he did to Iraq.

Indeed some Iraqi officials could do with a trial themselves however it's important if we did look into that we didn't list everyone in the government a suspect.
"Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist. Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back" - John Maynard Keynes

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:08 pm

Iraq is one of those problems where you just give a big sigh and put your head into your hands. It's such a mess, it's such a complicated mess that there appears to be no way it can be resolved. Murder, terrorism, insurgency and corruption; Iraq is a masterpeice exhibit.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by Romulus111VADT » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:21 pm

I think the US, Britain and the rest of the world are discovering why Saddam was so brutal with the Iraqi people. As I've said many times, it seems the only thing they understand is violence and ruthless brute force. This is why they think the western peoples are so weak, because we cherish human rights, dignity and life. As is obvious with the random killings of anyone and everyone. They could careless about human rights, let alone life.

appleton
Technical Administrator
Political Stand: Liberal

Post by appleton » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:43 pm

I agree but what level of force would be acceptable?.

*Other nations take note! This is why invading countries looking for WMD's... er.. restoring democracy to a country does not work! :P
Last edited by appleton on Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist. Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back" - John Maynard Keynes

Lass
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lass » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:22 pm

[quote=Romulus111VADT]
I think the US, Britain and the rest of the world are discovering why Saddam was so brutal with the Iraqi people. As I've said many times, it seems the only thing they understand is violence and ruthless brute force. This is why they think the western peoples are so weak, because we cherish human rights, dignity and life. As is obvious with the random killings of anyone and everyone. They could careless about human rights, let alone life.
[/quote]

Exactly! I thought the same, but no politician in the US/UK is going to admit that ;) - it's just not politically correct.
Above all, I would teach him to tell the truth ... Truth-telling, I have found, is the key to responsible citizenship. The thousands of criminals I have seen in 40 years of law enforcement have had one thing in common: Every single one was a liar. [JE Hoover]

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by Romulus111VADT » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:46 pm

[quote=matt]I agree but what level of force would be acceptable?.[/quote]

It will take the adoption of the very same methods we as civilized westerners deplore the most. Do what Saddam would have done.

For every soldier killed, 10 Sunni's and 10 Shiite's and their familes are killed. Although Saddam was a Sunni and so it would have been 20 Shiite's and families.

For every suicide bomber, or, if anyone harbors an insurgent. You kill their entire family and confiscate all their wealth/properties.

Then you completely obliterate their entire neighborhoods, killing all occupants. This tactic normally will get neighbors turning in any suspects to keep from losing their homes/lives. Then you could offer rewards for info leading to their arrests. If they were Shiites, Saddam would offer a reward- their lives and the lives of their families. If they were Sunni's, they got cash or favors from the government.

Completely ruthless and barbaric tactics I agree, but when dealing with a people that only understand these types of tactics, it's the only effective way to get them under control. Like Saddam did, he murdered 10's of thousands and kept people under control with fear.

It's really sad that people can be so conditioned to living in fear that they see good as evil and evil as good.

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by Romulus111VADT » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:55 pm

The tactics I mentioned above have been used throughout recorded history. In Vietnam, the VC would totally destroy an entire village. They'd kill EVERY living being down to pets. All this to make an example for surrounding villages. Pal Pot did the same and worst in Cambodia. The Germans and Japanese both used these tactics during WWII and in doing so, they went so far above evil barbarity, that they set an entire new standard for total evil and complete disregard for human life.

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:04 pm

Saddam told Dan Rather in a interview before the war started that No western power could control Iraq. Looks like he was right.
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:22 pm

The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

Lass
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lass » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:50 pm

Hmm interesting. I kinda doubt there's a law against filming executions. ;) I assume it was officially filmed anyway, but that only part of the official footage was released. So all the guy who leaked it has done is just that, leaked it. The people that did the taunting will be worse off. Weird priorities though ... aren't there more important things going on in Iraq?
Above all, I would teach him to tell the truth ... Truth-telling, I have found, is the key to responsible citizenship. The thousands of criminals I have seen in 40 years of law enforcement have had one thing in common: Every single one was a liar. [JE Hoover]