US Accuses Iran Of Trying To 'Dominate' Mideast (Yeah right)

Discuss Middle East Politics here.
appleton
Technical Administrator
Political Stand: Liberal

RE: US Accuses Iran Of Trying To 'Dominate' Mideast (Yeah right)

Post by appleton » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:59 pm

In my eyes both wars were fluffed (nice word ;) )

I don't believe the British or U.S governments correctly evaluated things before invading both Afghanistan and Iraq. Osama wasn't located before hand a assumption was made on his whereabouts. Claims that this was to make the world safer are not correct. Otherwise we wouldn't have to live with the risk of attacks from this radicals. The SAS has moved into London somewhere so it's clear the risk is very high from another attack. Before these two conflicts the threat from attack here from those type of radicals was virtually nil.

Now a lot of anti-western sentiment has been started/revived by invasion of these companies and our inability to get these two wars over and done with is incredible. The anti-western feeling is getting stronger everyday we spend in these countries. If we calculated it the threat from al queda could have been taken out with very little military action or via some sneaky spying. Destroying al queda from within.

We will remain in these countries for another few years.. maybe even longer.
Yes and even though the invasions of some countries is frowned upon in the beginning. More times than not, the result is that a madman has been taken down as dictator and the people can once again enjoy freedom w/o fear of being slaughtered for religious beliefs and many other deranged reasons. Look at Europe for example, can you imagine what it would be like now and how many millions of people would have died if the Allies hadn't gotten rid of Hitler.
The entire U.K would be speaking German :biggrin:

Thanks to the war heroes from all nations far and wide! :sign0092:
"Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist. Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back" - John Maynard Keynes

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by Romulus111VADT » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:03 pm

If you want to get an idea of what the Killing Fileds was like, get the (1984) movie called the "Killing Fields". It is pretty accurate and one of the actors Dith Pran was a photojournalist and survivor of the Cambodian Holocaust. He actually live through what he depicts in the movie and helped them recreate everything from first hand knowledge. It is an extremely disturbing film.

From the movie-
[attachment=110]

That is Dith Pran
Last edited by Romulus111VADT on Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lass
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lass » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:22 pm

Ehhh, morbid, Rom ... ;)
Above all, I would teach him to tell the truth ... Truth-telling, I have found, is the key to responsible citizenship. The thousands of criminals I have seen in 40 years of law enforcement have had one thing in common: Every single one was a liar. [JE Hoover]

jafar00
Political Stand:

Post by jafar00 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:25 pm

[quote=Romulus111VADT]
It is truly sad that the Iraqi's are killing one another over sectarian reasons. I just can't understand why they can't live in peace with one another. I mean crap, I may not like some other religions and their beliefs. But I don't go out and start killing them to force my religion on them. If they hadn't started this sectarian war with one another. The coalition forces would have probably been long gone and the Iraqi's could be well on their way to a democratic society and enjoying their new freedoms and living in peace.
[/quote]

The Iraqi civil war isn't about religion at all. It's all about tribal differences separate from religion. It's a bit hard to make out what's going on there but it's definitely not about forcing one's religion on another.(PM me for a deeper explanation that I'm not allowed to post here hehe)

Saddam kept insurrection and coup attempts under control albeit with an iron fist and when he was removed, it left a vacuum that needed to be filled and long repressed tribal feuds once again surfaced. Some outsiders (who stand to benefit from a weak and fractured Iraq not to mention the tenuous link between Sunni and Shia around the world) have done unthinkable things to help fuel it. I'm talking about US and British agents disguised as Arabs and caught with car bombs presumably targeting one group and to be blamed on another. Unfortunately the Mossad have kept a lower profile but their fingerprints are there like for example, the "terrorist" sniper videos. That type of sniper rifle with in built video is a high tech Israeli weapon, not something your typical insurgent can easily or cheaply get their hands on.

Insurgent videos have conveniently found their way onto Westerner's TV's and computers and serve their purpose in the propaganda war well. Also of note is that new Al Qaeda video that came out conveniently two days before Bush's (sorry) State of the Union address. Al Qaeda have done a favour to Bush and just strengthened his case that anyone who opposes his "surge" of troops is siding with Al Qaeda.

But I digress... Don't get me going or I ramble :p

Is Iran really trying to dominate the Middle East as the US claim? Or are they just exercising their right to civilian Nuclear Power?
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Lass
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lass » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:28 pm

Jafar, I won't let this comment go by without remark:

[quote=jafar00]Also of note is that new Al Qaeda video that came out conveniently two days before Bush's (sorry) State of the Union address.[/quote]

It's pathetic to try to insinuate that President Bush is somehow behind Al-Qaeda's video releases, or behind anything else to do with Al-Qaeda.
Above all, I would teach him to tell the truth ... Truth-telling, I have found, is the key to responsible citizenship. The thousands of criminals I have seen in 40 years of law enforcement have had one thing in common: Every single one was a liar. [JE Hoover]

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:39 pm

[quote=Lass]
Jafar, I won't let this comment go by without remark:

[quote=jafar00]Also of note is that new Al Qaeda video that came out conveniently two days before Bush's (sorry) State of the Union address.[/quote]

It's pathetic to try to insinuate that President Bush is somehow behind Al-Qaeda's video releases, or behind anything else to do with Al-Qaeda.
[/quote]

Thank you Lass! I appreciate you pointing that out. That is the kind of off the wall thinking that keeps the fight going. How they get normally right thinking people to believe all these conspiracy theories is beyond me. :sign0089:
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by Romulus111VADT » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:40 pm

I seriously believe that if the Iranian government wasn't run by someone so erratic that the US wouldn't worry so much. I understand the Iranians wanting to produce electricity with Nuclear Power Plants. But they would learn as the US has and especially the Russians. Nuclear Power Plants are extremely dangerous and building a safe Nuclear Power Plant is beyond extremely costly.

But if the Iranians were to replace their present leader with a more stable leader. I think the western worries would be allot less. Like Saudi Arabia, if they wanted to pursue Nuclear Power Plants, I doubt that much would be said. But the problems would have been the same if Saddam had been trying simply because he was so unstable.

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:42 pm

To suggest Bush made up 9/11 as I think you believe jafar (please correct me) or that he has made up Al-qaeda or somehow friendly with them is a desperately unconvincing theory. The Bush administration and its partners are doing everything they can to rid the world of some of these people. Huge amounts of money are on their heads and the Bush administration would pay ten times that too if needed.

"Is Iran really trying to dominate the Middle East as the US claim? Or are they just exercising their right to civilian Nuclear Power?"

Trying to dominate the Middle East? Maybe not immediately, but they don't just want nuclear power. If they are left I guarentee you they will do everything needed to produce nuclear weapons. I'm more sure of this than anything else to be predicted in politics. They may never use them, simply from pressure from the countries around them, but it could come in as massive bargaining power. If a revolutionary government came in - who knows what could happen. These countries are very unstable and have been for many years.
Last edited by Lad on Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by Romulus111VADT » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:21 pm

I'm curious, are the pictures and video of the atrocities done by the Russians on the people of Afghanistan and the ones of the dead Kurds that were gassed by Saddam made by the same company that does the ones for the US? They've must be good, because according to the Iranian President the same people handled the production of the Jewish Holocaust and I imagine they did the stuff for the Cambodian Holocaust. I saw the evidence myself and if it was staged, darn those guys are good.

Here a link to some other their work through out history-
http://www.foros.net/viewtopic.php?p=27 ... neralisimo

Lass
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lass » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:25 pm

[quote=Romulus111VADT]
I'm curious, are the pictures and video of the atrocities done by the Russians on the people of Afghanistan and the ones of the dead Kurds that were gassed by Saddam made by the same company that does the ones for the US? They've must be good, because according to the Iranian President the same people handled the production of the Jewish Holocaust and I imagine they did the stuff for the Cambodian Holocaust. I saw the evidence myself and if it was staged, darn those guys are good.

Here a link to some other their work through out history-
http://www.foros.net/viewtopic.php?p=27 ... neralisimo
[/quote]

Spot on lol. Image