U.S. general: No evidence Iran is arming Iraqis

Discuss Middle East Politics here.
jafar00
Political Stand:

U.S. general: No evidence Iran is arming Iraqis

Post by jafar00 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:09 am

Looks like the only one who believes Iran is responsible for his complete and utter failure in Iraq is George Bush.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17129144/

Also, below is a mortar shell converted into an IED that the US claims is an Iranian supplied weapon. Note the Gregorian date and English text instead of Islamic date and persian script. A 5 year old could see through this one.

Last edited by jafar00 on Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
I reject your reality and substitute my own

Dom
Political Stand:

RE: U.S. general: No evidence Iran is arming Iraqis

Post by Dom » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:40 am

They're just looking for excuses to invade I guess. Well, Bush is looking for excuses. Perhaps if he screams and stamps his feet he'll get his own way.

:tongue:

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:57 pm

That was very interesting and he isn't the only one who has been saying things. From Iran's point of view if they can hold off a war until Bush leaves office they have held off a war for many more years as the Democrats won't be going in a hurry. This could have serious consequences, but is not a reason to go to war in itself. I feel another war would be very unwise. We need the UN united in agreement before we undertake Iran; this time things should be done properly. They should be given a deadline of unlimited access to european inspectors (excluding the UK and US if they have a problem with them) and if they don't conform then we can move on from there.

With regards to the bombs and mortas what they have written on them is almost irrelevant; I think the fact that iranians and other foreign nationals keep ketting killed in Iraq is a sign that Iran is fuelling problems. I'm not convinced the Iranian government is supporting them though.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

jafar00
Political Stand:

Post by jafar00 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:39 am

[quote=Lad]
With regards to the bombs and mortas what they have written on them is almost irrelevant; I think the fact that iranians and other foreign nationals keep ketting killed in Iraq is a sign that Iran is fuelling problems. I'm not convinced the Iranian government is supporting them though.
[/quote]

It's not irrelevant. It's just another piece of evidence pointing to the fact the Bush regime is trying to provoke another war using fabricated evidence.
Iran doesn't even make 81mm mortars. The smallest mortar produced by Iran is 107mm. However, Israel, Pakistan and the UK do make such shells.
Iranians being killed in Iraq doesn't mean Iranian involvement either. There just happen to be a lot of Iranians there because of the many Shia holy sites contained within Iraq.

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:20 pm

I know nothing on shells and nothing on populations and ethnic divisions. I do know that no matter how thick or stupid one might believe a government to be; they wouldn't produce evidence to the international community that could be blasted away by a 5 year old. Although you believe Bush to be an idiot Jafar (probably Tony Blair too - though I'd agree with that anyway :tongue: ) it wasn't him that found the evidence. This has been gathered by troops and those fighting for Iraqi freedom; Bush never got it.

jafar00
Political Stand:

Post by jafar00 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:41 pm

That's just it. Bush never gets it. The "evidence" presented to justify the Iraq invasion was known to be false. In his state of the union address he brought up several examples of thwarted "terrorist attacks" which have been debunked as pure propaganda with no truth.
Despite evidence to the contrary and being told that he is wrong, Bush, and or his government will still spout these lies to the ravenous media in order to try and make people believe it.

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda" George W Bush

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:25 pm

I was actually thinking of Tony Blair. I'm not sure if Bush has been lying, but Tony Blair lied and lied to the British people. He convinced the nation and indeed a majority in the Commons that we had to go to Iraq because of WMD and because our bases in Cyprus could be hit. It was totally false. The phrase coined was that the dossier had been "sexed up"; I just think it was made up.

jafar00
Political Stand:

Post by jafar00 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:54 pm

[quote=Lad]
I was actually thinking of Tony Blair. I'm not sure if Bush has been lying, but Tony Blair lied and lied to the British people. He convinced the nation and indeed a majority in the Commons that we had to go to Iraq because of WMD and because our bases in Cyprus could be hit. It was totally false. The phrase coined was that the dossier had been "sexed up"; I just think it was made up.
[/quote]

Yeah Tony "Bliar" too. Didn't he warn that Iraq had vast amounts of Chemical and Biological weapons on standbye to deploy at 45 minutes notice?

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:39 pm

Yup. Down right lie. I was a bit younger back then and was only into politics seriously for about a couple of years before, but the evidence he produced along with his buddies convinced me. When it turned out to be totally false and even taken from a student's essay (along with the student's mistakes) I felt cheated. It was the last time I'll ever trust a government without thinking for myself first.

hanika
Political Stand:

Post by hanika » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:09 am

Do we engage in dialogues only when we are the ones being endangered, or do we have a conscience that says that this world is a home to us all, and every nation suffering should be given a helping hand? We should understand that if some conflicts do not effect us directly, indirectly we are all effected as a species that seems to work hard against its own survival.
wwwtheageofnepotism.com