Six Palestinians killed in vast Israel operation in Gaza

Discuss Middle East Politics here.

Moderators: Lass, Lad

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

RE: Six Palestinians killed in vast Israel operation in Gaza

Post by Lad »

I quite agree with that, but unlike the WWII which was fight or get killed (the enemy were actually pounding our cities), Iraq was a war in which us Brits were told we had a serious threat to our nation and the global region. That was basically a lie as Saddam had absolutely no power at all due to over a decade of sanctions. It is interesting to note that not enough chemical suits were sent out to Iraq either. I wonder why. I don't want to repeat myself, but although I can't decide in hindsight whether we should have gone in or not, I do think we should stay as long as the Iraqi government wants us there.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB »

That is true and would be a good thing to have happen. But if the new government is really playing both ends against the middle we need to get on out of there. I am all for helping people if they deserve it. But in the last couple of weeks I have my doubts about how much help this new government deserves.
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad »

I think it is just a bad patch. Sometimes there are bad months, sometimes there are not so bad months. Just depends really.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Luke
Political Stand:

Post by Luke »

If we didn't help them from this point on, we'd be even less popular with them. If we continue helping them, they're not under quite so much obligation to make themselves powerful enough for self-rule, and at the moment they seem quite willing to herd their protectors about. Tricky situation. :? But as said before, as long as they are worthy of power, they can have it and welcome.
Last edited by Luke on Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I invented the Internet." - Al Gore