We knew it all along...

Discuss Middle East Politics here.
jafar00
Political Stand:

RE: We knew it all along...

Post by jafar00 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:33 pm

[quote=DodgeFB]
As for them giving Hezbollah money, I am afraid I have seen this movie. Back when I was young (sounds silly I know) the US and the old Soviet Union would fight but they never got hurt. They would arm and support someone and we would arm and support their enemy. It was in my opinion a nasty game.
[/quote]

As happened when the US funded and armed Saddam against Iran. And as the US funded Afghan militias that were later to become known as Al Qaeda.
I don't think Iran funding Hizbullah is funding a terrorist group since as far as we know, the money is not going towards Hizbullah's reconstruction efforts, not towards their legitimate struggle against Israeli invaders onto Lebanese soil. Although it does free up other funds for their military arm. Hizbullah is afterall a part of the Lebanese government along with the druze and christians.
If the funds are really going to help Lebanese who have suffered so much and not into military spending, then I don't see how you can see it as a bad thing.
I reject your reality and substitute my own

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

RE: We knew it all along...

Post by DodgeFB » Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:09 pm

[quote=jafar00]
[quote=DodgeFB]
As for them giving Hezbollah money, I am afraid I have seen this movie. Back when I was young (sounds silly I know) the US and the old Soviet Union would fight but they never got hurt. They would arm and support someone and we would arm and support their enemy. It was in my opinion a nasty game.
[/quote]

As happened when the US funded and armed Saddam against Iran. And as the US funded Afghan militias that were later to become known as Al Qaeda.
I don't think Iran funding Hizbullah is funding a terrorist group since as far as we know, the money is not going towards Hizbullah's reconstruction efforts, not towards their legitimate struggle against Israeli invaders onto Lebanese soil. Although it does free up other funds for their military arm. Hizbullah is afterall a part of the Lebanese government along with the druze and christians.
If the funds are really going to help Lebanese who have suffered so much and not into military spending, then I don't see how you can see it as a bad thing.
[/quote]

All I have to say is I do not trust any of those involved 100% They all have some loose cannons that just can't wait to kill someone. They all have to have everything their way. And with our president being as bull headed as he is no one can trust him.
And the other leaders in that area are no better. There is plenty of blame to go around for all of them. So they can all just keep on hating and dyeing until someone smarter gets there.
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant