Think this is too harsh?

Discuss other international politics not covered here.

Moderators: Lass, Lad

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Think this is too harsh?

Post by Romulus111VADT » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:00 pm

TO HARSH YOU SAY??

1. There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools, no special ballots for elections, and all government business will be conducted in our language.

2. Foreigners will NOT have the right to vote, no matter how long they are here.

3. Foreigners will NEVER be able to hold political office.

4. Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, no food stamps, no health care, nor any other government assistance programs.

5. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.

6. If foreigners do come and want to buy land that will be okay, BUT options will be restricted. You are not allowed to own waterfront property. That property is reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.

7. Foreigners may not protest; no demonstrations, no waving a foreign flag, no political organizing, no "bad-mouthing" our president or his policies. If you do you will be sent home.

8. If you do come to this country illegally, you will be hunted down and sent straight to jail

Harsh, you say?...

The above laws happen to be the immigration laws of "MEXICO"!

But the US is expected to provide the illegal immigrates with a free ride on the US taxpayer!?

I've checked at Snopes.com to see if this was true or not. I could find nothing to indicate either way. So I assume it is true.
Last edited by Romulus111VADT on Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

RE: Think this is too harsh?

Post by Lad » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:53 pm

1, 3, 7, 8 are all fair.

I would need to clarify that the foreigners are NOT citizens before I would class number 2 or number 6 as fair and I can't understand the logic behind 5 to make a judgement.

I DO think that a country does have a duty to help all those in its country while they are there. Therefore number 2 is harsh. The good samaritan principle I hold firm; you do good to your neighbour when they are in your gates whoever they are, be they prisoners of war, illegal immigrants or aliens from space! :shocked:

Governments have a duty to make sure that everyone in their country is fed and housed. The slight catch with my belief is that if the people are illegal immigrants they should be housed in jail and fed bread and water! ;)
Last edited by Lad on Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by Romulus111VADT » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:19 pm

What I was getting at is "illegal immigrates". They sneak into the US and expect the US government to provide them with jobs, homes, clothes, a vehicle, FREE food, FREE health care, FREE schools for their children and support for these children. But you let someone try the same stunt in Mexico and your immediately sent back. If the US does the same, we're immediately labled as heartless. WTF, The old double standard again.....grrrr

US citizens don't get FREE anything. We have to work to get what we want, or we go without. Even the so called aid that the poor gets comes with some major requirements. The people that survived Katrina were prime examples of why you never offer anything "FREE". They'd take their share and go the back of the line and take another share. When that stopped working, they'd use friends and relatives. They looted business's of TV's, VCR's, Fur Coats, Beer, etc. Very little of the need to survive items were stolen, like food. But all the luxury items sure were looted fast. But, I guess there's allot of fiber in a fur coat...lmao

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:56 pm

I fully understand your point Rom and I quite agree. It's much, much worse in the UK I can assure you. However on point 2 don't you think that even illegal people at least should have some provisions before they are sent back?

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:18 pm

[quote=Lad]
I fully understand your point Rom and I quite agree. It's much, much worse in the UK I can assure you. However on point 2 don't you think that even illegal people at least should have some provisions before they are sent back?
[/quote]

Sad to say, NO. :sad:
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by Romulus111VADT » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:16 pm

I seriously think that if they knowingly enter the US as illegal immigrants, that hey deserve no more rights than a free trip back to the boarder. If they reenter again, I think they should be shot on sight and redelivered back to the boarder where the Mexican authorities can recover their bodies.

I'm sick to death of these people and for darn good reason. My aunt had some break into her house while she was on vacation (2 week). When she returned and tried to make them leave. She was arrested for entering her own home and demanding that they leave. She had to prove she owned the home to begin with. When the illegals were removed by force. They turned around and sued her for illegally removing them from her home, by claiming to be tenants. They trashed her home, pawned her belongings, ran up all her utilities and were not forced to pay restitution. What did they do, moved over one block and pulled the same crap on another unsuspecting US citizen. They're all scum and should be dealt with with EXTREME prejudice!
Last edited by Romulus111VADT on Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:31 pm

[quote=Romulus111VADT]
I seriously think that if they knowingly enter the US as illegal immigrants, that hey deserve no more rights than a free trip back to the boarder. If they reenter again, I think they should be shot on sight and redelivered back to the boarder where the Mexican authorities can recover their bodies.

I'm sick to death of these people and for darn good reason. My aunt had some break into her house while she was on vacation (2 week). When she returned and tried to make them leave. She was arrested for entering her own home and demanding that they leave. She had to prove she owned the home to begin with. When the illegals were removed by force. They turned around and sued her for illegally removing them from her home, by claiming to be tenants. They trashed her home, pawned her belongings, ran up all her utilities and were not forced to pay restitution. What did they do, moved over one block and pulled the same crap on another unsuspecting US citizen. They're all scum and should be dealt with with EXTREME prejudice!
[/quote]

Wowzers Rom! :shocked: Chill out there buddy! :cool0012:

Criminals are criminals and should be treated as such, but hey these people haven't murdered anyone and 99.99% of them don't go around robbing anyone. Most come over and work really hard and get paid pittance - closer to slave labour.

What happened to your aunt is very sad - Britain has gone the same way and it is an example of where the rights of criminals have gone efore the rights of the victims. However, do remember that those illegal immigrants could just as easily have been anyone in the US lawfully and they are not the average example of an illegal immigrant at all. The extreme large majority are very poor, poverty stricken people who only want a chance to have a good life. Most of which pay a high price for what they do and work terribly hard in awful conditions. I'm not condoning them for it, but they must be viewed in perspective.
Last edited by Lad on Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:14 am

All we ask is that they live by the laws of our country. If I rob a store I go to jail. They go back to Mexico! My wife can die because she has no health insurance, They get free care even if they are illegal! Why are they treated better than we are. I know what I get if I get drunk in Mexico. And it is not health care!

They have a legal way to come here and work. They need to do it right!
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

Romulus111VADT
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by Romulus111VADT » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:12 pm

I agree that they serve a useful purpose doing menial labor tasks that not many Americans will do. But now allot of our companies are closing and sending our jobs to Mexico or India.

NAFTA was a God send to Mexico and the beginning of the end for America's labor force. Like in North Carolina for example. The textile manufacturing sector is all but non existent any more. The furniture industry is hurting big time. Clinton did a superb job of destroying the American way of life. Ole wild Bill severely wound the American work force. Now his wife wants to get elected to finish the job by cutting all our throats.