Uribe

Discuss other international politics not covered here.

Moderators: Lass, Lad

semann
Political Stand:

Uribe

Post by semann » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:58 pm

What do you think about President Uribe re-election in colombia considering colombia just aproved the re-election?

And how do you think he acts in front of USA?

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

RE: Uribe

Post by DodgeFB » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:13 am

[quote=semann]
What do you think about President Uribe re-election in colombia considering colombia just aproved the re-election?

And how do you think he acts in front of USA?
[/quote]
I don't know much about him. But from the little I do know I don't trust him.
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

semann
Political Stand:

Post by semann » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:22 am

i personally think he is the best prsident colombia has had in the last few years, (taking in count Pastrana and Samper) but he just follows the shadow of Bush and USA. so thats the only thing iu dont like from him

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:29 am

[quote=semann]
i personally think he is the best prsident colombia has had in the last few years, (taking in count Pastrana and Samper) but he just follows the shadow of Bush and USA. so thats the only thing iu dont like from him
[/quote]
I have lost a lot of trust in all politicians in the last couple of years. I doubt that I will ever trust any of them like I did when I was young.

Lass
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lass » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:05 pm

I don't think any politicians can be trusted these days. Honesty in politics is considered a joke. But some people do still trust the most deceitful of politicians; sometimes, looking on, one wonders at their childish ignorance.
Above all, I would teach him to tell the truth ... Truth-telling, I have found, is the key to responsible citizenship. The thousands of criminals I have seen in 40 years of law enforcement have had one thing in common: Every single one was a liar. [JE Hoover]

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:12 pm

[quote=Lass]
I don't think any politicians can be trusted these days. Honesty in politics is considered a joke. But some people do still trust the most deceitful of politicians; sometimes, looking on, one wonders at their childish ignorance.
[/quote]
Sad but all too true. :(

appleton
Technical Administrator
Political Stand: Liberal

Post by appleton » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:25 pm

Politicans don't win elections by showing honesty now a days. It's about having maximum exposure, saying the right things, and looking good.

A shame I have never known a politican in my lifetime that was trustworthy :( .

Getting back on topic.. I never have heard of uribe however after reading this I can't see much that I would be terribly suspious of.
Last edited by appleton on Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist. Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back" - John Maynard Keynes