Mugabe trying to 'steal election'

Discuss other international politics not covered here.
appleton
Technical Administrator
Political Stand: Liberal

Mugabe trying to 'steal election'

Post by appleton » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:41 pm

Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe is trying "to steal the election", over three weeks after the disputed poll, UK Foreign Secretary David Miliband says.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7359104.stm

I think Mugabe is trying to reverse the results... and trying to find a way of swinging it his way.

This is a 2000 all over again... someone force this guy out. The opposition (Morgan Tsangari) already has a bounty on his head it is thought.

Bah, Zimbabwe could be soooo much more :(
"Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist. Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back" - John Maynard Keynes

Dom
Political Stand:

RE: Mugabe trying to 'steal election'

Post by Dom » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:13 pm

I dont know what the guy's playing at. You'd think 30 years of reigning down terror on people would be enough for anyone, but nope. He wants more. There's no other excuse for the delay. At this point, I think he's stuck. It's obvious why he doesn't want the results to be announced, and now that it's dragged on for as long as it has, he's got to try and think of a good reason for it. Except there isn't one. I'll be interested in seeing how this plays out to be honest.

signelect
Political Stand:

RE: Mugabe trying to 'steal election'

Post by signelect » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:49 pm

This guy has violated every law under the sun, why should this come as a surprise. don't we ever learn.