Inflation in Zimbabwe breaks all records!

Discuss other international politics not covered here.

Moderators: Lass, Lad

ford007
Political Stand:

Inflation in Zimbabwe breaks all records!

Post by ford007 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:37 pm

Inflation in Zimbabwe has broken all the records and is first such country of the list where inflation has reached to an uncountable percentage. Name of Zimbabwe will probably appear in the Guinness Book of World Records. In March 2008, inflation was 3,55,000 per cent, which was the double of the inflation in February 2008, when it was 1, 65,000 per cent. We have to say thanks to the Country’s Central Bank (CCB) and the people who are involved in inflation calculation. How they are able to calculate the 3, 55,000 per cent inflation is out of the intelligence of normal people.
Source
What does this level of inflation in Zimbabwe mean to the poor residents of the country? It means that Zimbabweans are purchasing a sandwich for Zimbabwean $50 million, sounds crazy? One kg of potatoes cost Zimbabwean $17 million. Effectively, this means that the value of Zimbabwean dollar has reached almost to zero. Hence 50-million Zimbabwean dollar equals to only1 US$… really only one US$. And also, 50 million Zimbabwean dollar equals to almost 42 Indian rupees.
Enough of (ZA)Nu Labor. BNP is the only real alternative.

anildewani
Political Stand:

RE: Inflation in Zimbabwe breaks all records!

Post by anildewani » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:19 am

yea. I heard about the increasing infaltion rate in zimbabwe. I think this is an temporary matter. It should come back to normal soon. anyhow..

lol on the currency note :P

ford007
Political Stand:

Post by ford007 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:31 pm

[quote=anildewani]
yea. I heard about the increasing infaltion rate in zimbabwe. I think this is an temporary matter. It should come back to normal soon. anyhow..

lol on the currency note :P
[/quote]

Temporary matter??? This is going on for about 5-6 years now. Still thinking that it is temporary?
Enough of (ZA)Nu Labor. BNP is the only real alternative.

Niall_İsxaqov
Political Stand:

Post by Niall_İsxaqov » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:49 pm

Wow.. perfect.. Only the common Zimbabweans are suffering. Mugabe and his allies are busy checking their bank balances in Swiss accounts. Want to be a billionaire? Go to Zimbabwe.. I have heard that trillion dollar notes have been issued in Zimbabwe.. So anyone want to become trillionaires?
Holy Russia will save the world