Democracy Player - Internet TV

Forum Annoucements are here.

Moderators: Lass, Lad

appleton
Technical Administrator
Political Stand: Liberal

Democracy Player - Internet TV

Post by appleton » Mon May 28, 2007 3:04 pm

Democracy Player is a free Internet TV client. I have had it for quite a while now just forgot to mention it here.

Democracy. Free, open-- a Firefox for video.

http://www.getdemocracy.com
democracy.jpg
It's cool has a lot of cool videos and channels.

I also like there own opinions on the mass media :)
Some things you should know about us:

* Democracy is developed by the Participatory Culture Foundation, a 501c3 non-profit organization.

* We're based in Worcester, Massachusetts.

* We think it's a problem that a small number of corporations control mass media.

* We think free, open-source, open standards internet TV is our best shot at a solution.

Television is the most powerful medium in our culture, and it's moving online. There's a huge opportunity to hear new voices. But if video on the Internet is dominated by just one or two huge video websites, we're all in serious trouble. Openness, competition, and decentralization make the Internet work. We need to ensure that online video has that same freedom.
I would recommend you try out this program. I am sure you will enjoy seeing what it has to offer :)

5 Stars in my opinion! :sign0201:
"Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist. Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back" - John Maynard Keynes

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

RE: Democracy Player - Internet TV

Post by Lad » Mon May 28, 2007 5:58 pm

Will try it out. Does it bring TV channels as well? I'm waiting impatiently for TV to move onto the internet for free. :D I'd love to have a sports channel to be able to just click onto.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

appleton
Technical Administrator
Political Stand: Liberal

RE: Democracy Player - Internet TV

Post by appleton » Mon May 28, 2007 6:52 pm

Not that I know of. I just tune into the channels. Watch politics/sport every now and then. Or some videos from youtube or google.

Some TV is available on the Internet already. BBC broadcast certain channels and programs online.
"Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist. Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back" - John Maynard Keynes