Prisons

Where all the blog posts go that end up on the front page!
philbell
Political Stand:

Prisons

Post by philbell » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:10 am

Does anybody have aview on todays prisons? A few years ago it was only the people that were institutionalised (been in and out of jail etc since they were teenagers) that didn't mind/wanted to be sent down. As things have been improved in the 'justice system' getting a custodial sentence appears to be the best option.

To quote one person being sent back down.

"It's not like it was a few years ago, if I go back in it's a break from the missus, I got sky tv, my playstation, no bills, 3 meals a day, the key to my cell and a roof over my head with no worries. If i want drugs or beer its not a problem."

How is this punishment? They got a better life than I have!!

Do you believe this is the way to go? Or should it be a case of removing their luxories to punish people for their crimes?

Your views please, I will give more examples if there is a response.

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

RE: Prisons

Post by DodgeFB » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:33 pm

[quote=philbell]
Does anybody have aview on todays prisons? A few years ago it was only the people that were institutionalised (been in and out of jail etc since they were teenagers) that didn't mind/wanted to be sent down. As things have been improved in the 'justice system' getting a custodial sentence appears to be the best option.

To quote one person being sent back down.

"It's not like it was a few years ago, if I go back in it's a break from the missus, I got sky tv, my playstation, no bills, 3 meals a day, the key to my cell and a roof over my head with no worries. If i want drugs or beer its not a problem."

How is this punishment? They got a better life than I have!!

Do you believe this is the way to go? Or should it be a case of removing their luxories to punish people for their crimes?

Your views please, I will give more examples if there is a response.
[/quote]
Maybe they need some time in the "pillory". Then anyone walking by can take a whack at the offender.Image
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

philbell
Political Stand:

Post by philbell » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:59 am

Good thinking!!

I am sick of the 'human rights' brigade. I know so many people who have had their rights and their lives ruined by people who think they are above the law. Why the hell should the offenders keep their rights when they have violated other peoples? This does not fit in with all crimes commited but in crimes against a person, be it murder, rape, GBH etc surely there should be some punishment with the offence to deter re-offending. I know of people that have spent most of their lives in prison and when they get out they do as they please because they see it as no big hardship going back inside.

One of these people was let out in July 2006 by September had ruined 2 peoples lives and had taken over somebodies house and turned it in to a drug den. The police would do nothing about it!! Every last item of furniture equipment was either sold or destroyed, the neighbors were complaining constantly. The police said they could do nothing unless the rightful owner could prove that the people living there werenot there legally!! how can that be proved? Surely they need to prove they are legally thee not vice versa! The plastic gangsters do not sign a form before they take over your life. They ran up bills in her name, got credit in her name, stole her stuff, dealt drugs from the house that was hers and yet the police did nothing as there was no proof that they had no permission to be there.

As it turned out the offender was back inside for other offences just over a year after being released, no remorse but but 8 lives were totally screwed up by him. By that I do not mean the people robbed and beaten, who could be added to the list, but the people directly fucked over by the arse. There were seriously almost 3 deaths attributed to this man and he would not have cared at all. 2 years 20 years 200 years, they don't care anymore as all the drugs beer fun they want is inside with them.

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:37 am

[quote=philbell]
Good thinking!!

I am sick of the 'human rights' brigade. I know so many people who have had their rights and their lives ruined by people who think they are above the law. Why the hell should the offenders keep their rights when they have violated other peoples? This does not fit in with all crimes commited but in crimes against a person, be it murder, rape, GBH etc surely there should be some punishment with the offence to deter re-offending. I know of people that have spent most of their lives in prison and when they get out they do as they please because they see it as no big hardship going back inside.

One of these people was let out in July 2006 by September had ruined 2 peoples lives and had taken over somebodies house and turned it in to a drug den. The police would do nothing about it!! Every last item of furniture equipment was either sold or destroyed, the neighbors were complaining constantly. The police said they could do nothing unless the rightful owner could prove that the people living there werenot there legally!! how can that be proved? Surely they need to prove they are legally thee not vice versa! The plastic gangsters do not sign a form before they take over your life. They ran up bills in her name, got credit in her name, stole her stuff, dealt drugs from the house that was hers and yet the police did nothing as there was no proof that they had no permission to be there.

As it turned out the offender was back inside for other offences just over a year after being released, no remorse but but 8 lives were totally screwed up by him. By that I do not mean the people robbed and beaten, who could be added to the list, but the people directly fucked over by the arse. There were seriously almost 3 deaths attributed to this man and he would not have cared at all. 2 years 20 years 200 years, they don't care anymore as all the drugs beer fun they want is inside with them.
[/quote]

I think that is where the death penalty should come in. I know the "do gooders" think that does not prevent crime. But it does prevent that one from committing more crimes and hurting anyone else.
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant