Iran fails to meet requirements.

Discuss Middle East Politics here.
Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Iran fails to meet requirements.

Post by Lad » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:50 pm

No surprise. I thought they already had sanctions; so I am a little confused about the talk of sanctions again. Maybe it's more like western goods? According to sources Iran is at least 2 years at the absolute minimum from a nuclear bomb. so there is little to fear for now.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle ... 386979.stm

I personally think Iran will soon pull out of the NPT. I think they must be so fed up with all this business now. Israel, Pakistan, India and North Korea are all not in it - so I doubt if Iran will stay in.
Last edited by Lad on Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Stroh
Political Stand:

RE: Iran fails to meet requirements.

Post by Stroh » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:47 am

I agree, I don't see them having nukes in 2 years... they'll probabally back off just because of global pressure.

jafar00
Political Stand:

Post by jafar00 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:50 pm

Iran isn't trying to build any Nukes. I agree though they might pull out of the NPT out of sheer frustration with their treatment. They have already stopped several voluntary measures like extra inspections due to the unfounded pressure put on them by the US/Israel cartel.
Remember, it is not often reported that Khameini issued a fatwa(religously binding decree) banning Iran from pursuing Nuclear Weapons as they violate Islamic Law. Since Iran's policies are very much guided by their Sheikhs and Ayatullah's, some creedance should be given to that.
Add to that the extreme lack of evidence of any Nuclear Weapons program, or meddling in Iraq, and we have nothing to fear from Iran at all.
I reject your reality and substitute my own

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:45 pm

[quote=jafar00]
Iran isn't trying to build any Nukes. I agree though they might pull out of the NPT out of sheer frustration with their treatment. They have already stopped several voluntary measures like extra inspections due to the unfounded pressure put on them by the US/Israel cartel.
Remember, it is not often reported that Khameini issued a fatwa(religously binding decree) banning Iran from pursuing Nuclear Weapons as they violate Islamic Law. Since Iran's policies are very much guided by their Sheikhs and Ayatullah's, some creedance should be given to that.
Add to that the extreme lack of evidence of any Nuclear Weapons program, or meddling in Iraq, and we have nothing to fear from Iran at all.
[/quote]

I trust their fatwa just like you trust the oath that Bush took. We have seen how they "work around" such things. And if you believe it or not everyone there is not sweet and kind, just like all countries they have their liars and murderers .
I know you think all the bad people come from the US,UK, and Israel. But in the real world all countries have some lying assholes that will do anything they think they need to do. :sign0089:
Last edited by DodgeFB on Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

jafar00
Political Stand:

Post by jafar00 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:29 pm

If you don't trust them to obey the fatwa, then you don't understand the reverence the Shia give to Ayatullah Khameini as their supreme leader. To them he is even higher than the Pope is to Catholics. If the government disobeyed the fatwa and went ahead with a nuclear weapons program, the Ayatullah can dismiss the government and would quite likely have them executed. Such is the seriousness of the ruling against having Nuclear weapons. The only way it can be the other way is if he rescinds the fatwa and replaces it with one that allows them to pursue nuclear weapons.
I know you don't trust them at all. The media has made the Iranians out to be evil demons who are out to get us. The truth is quite different.
I reject your reality and substitute my own

DodgeFB
Gifted Member
Political Stand:

Post by DodgeFB » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:04 pm

[quote=jafar00]
If you don't trust them to obey the fatwa, then you don't understand the reverence the Shia give to Ayatullah Khameini as their supreme leader. To them he is even higher than the Pope is to Catholics. If the government disobeyed the fatwa and went ahead with a nuclear weapons program, the Ayatullah can dismiss the government and would quite likely have them executed. Such is the seriousness of the ruling against having Nuclear weapons. The only way it can be the other way is if he rescinds the fatwa and replaces it with one that allows them to pursue nuclear weapons.
I know you don't trust them at all. The media has made the Iranians out to be evil demons who are out to get us. The truth is quite different.
[/quote]
See I don't even trust Ayatullah Khameini. He could always give permission behind the scenes to a few. Then when the time was right rescind the fatwa. So I guess I trust him about as much as you trust Bush. But then again I don't trust Bush either. I don't know 10 people in this world that I do really trust. Not even in my family. So I don't just fall for anything that comes down the road. :sign0089:
The opinions expressed are solely of the writer.

"You can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

appleton
Technical Administrator
Political Stand: Liberal

Post by appleton » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:59 pm

I never trust any government fully. Do that and you will get yourself burnt in my opinion :(

I don't trust fatwas either. Looks another type of written law to me. These can easily be broken. I am very cautious (when it comes to trust) with any government these days.
"Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist. Madmen in authority, who hear voices in the air, are distilling their frenzy from some academic scribbler of a few years back" - John Maynard Keynes

Lad
Global Moderator
Political Stand:

Post by Lad » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:10 pm

[quote=jafar00]
The only way it can be the other way is if he rescinds the fatwa and replaces it with one that allows them to pursue nuclear weapons.[/quote]

And there is the catch.

Iran just develops weapon secretly. The Ayatullah changes the rules and hey presto they are allowed nuclear weapons because of X,Y,Z reasons.

Governments and government officials/spiritual leaders lie all over; don't trust any of them.
War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.